Will somebody please help motivate me to go clean the damn garage?!?

Dottleshead

6 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Ok, progress.  I actually thought about getting up and getting some coffee.  Nothing can really be accomplished until this step has completed.

Do you  need a motorcycle in the garage for motivation?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Yep.......Surely the home of a sloth.

Actually just the opposite.  We've been uber busy since moving in over two years ago and my wife's sister donated the racks over the summer.  With my job, and my dad, and wife's family -- I've been meaning to get to it since summer.  Plus to clean the garage, I need to empty it.  Non-rainy days seem to be more enjoyable for such things and getting days in fall/winter that are dry here AND coincide with my time off schedule -- can be a challenge.  That and it was low priority. 

But the stars line up today/tomorrow.  I'm going to have a clean garage!

• Heart 1

On 12/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, Dottie said:

I want to do it -- but I don't.  Wife comes home in 4-5 hours.  I wanted to surprise her.  And yet -- my ass fits great in this chair while I post drivel here.

I've got several areas of my house and property that need cleaning.  I've set the deadline for January 31st for inside the house and it's been neglected enough I can't put it off. The TV room during the NFL games gets some cleaning today (Sunday) and some better organization of stuff in bins, shelves, etc.

• Heart 1

Ok, I found my motivation!  I'm going out to the garage and assembling a couple racks.  I mean, what kind of hell do I deserve being forced to watch the Dallas Cowboys play the Washington Redskins?  Why can't I watch the Ravens/Steelers game?  No, I'm going to put in overtime out there, clean that bad boy, and do anything but watch this.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Ok, I found my motivation!  I'm going out to the garage and assembling a couple racks.  I mean, what kind of hell do I deserve being forced to watch the Dallas Cowboys play the Washington Redskins?  Why can't I watch the Ravens/Steelers game?  No, I'm going to put in overtime out there, clean that bad boy, and do anything but watch this.

You mean you’re getting high in the garage?

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

So did you get Er done?

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

We need the "After" picture.  Where the hell is the After picture????

21 minutes ago, smudge said:

This!!???

Yes and no.  I got one of the two racks up and decided to wait on the second one. I need to borrow my friends truck or trailer to haul a bunch of stuff out but progress has been made!  I'll be drinking a cup of coffee shortly and with any luck, I'll be out there to take a photo.

• Whatever 1

4 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Yes and no.  I got one of the two racks up and decided to wait on the second one. I need to borrow my friends truck or trailer to haul a bunch of stuff out but progress has been made!  I'll be drinking a cup of coffee shortly and with any luck, I'll be out there to take a photo.

Defintely NOT impressed with this status report.