Do you drink bottled water?

Road Runner

My city goes to a lot of trouble and expense to produce water that is excellent for drinking and cooking.  Yet when I am in the grocery store, I regularly see people loading up on bottled water.  This seems totally unnecessary and extremely wasteful.  Not to mention all the environmental impacts resulting from the unneeded production of billions of plastic bottles each year.

1395270929_bottledwater.jpg.05830ec733146242a52052a5f4a71c8f.jpg

• Heart 3
  • Sad 1

Doing my best not to. I keep cycling water bottles in my office and gym bag. 

Occasionally, I will grab a bottled water at the end of a running race. I will also get a bottle when traveling if I don’t have a water bottle with me or if it looks like a sketchy place to get tap water. 

Sometimes I will for RO when out and about. I have had two plastic bottles of water in the fridge for about 4 months, just waiting for an occasion to use them. 

That said, they are incredibly handy if you have health issues.  My dad buys tons of it so my mom can have some whenever she needs it. He is old now, and has to do almost everything for my mom, so it is bottled water and microwaved meals, no cooking goes on there.  

I have no complaint about tap water...but do keep separate "Brita" container in the refrigerator which is where our drinking water is sourced.  After a decade or more use need to replace it as the timer reset for filter replacement finally died. Plus the newer one look nicer. Also ran a filtered line to the freezer for ice maker. Rarely buy bottled water, and then small bottles for convenience where out...but the $0.99 Arizona Tea is usually cheaper. Just finished a large gallon which was part of hurricane supplies.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I have no complaint about tap water...but do keep separate "Brita" container in the refrigerator which is where our drinking water is sourced.  After a decade or more use need to replace it as the timer reset for filter replacement finally died. Plus the newer one look nicer. Also ran a filtered line to the freezer for ice maker. Rarely buy bottled water, and then small bottles for convenience where out...but the $0.99 Arizona Tea is usually cheaper. Just finished a large gallon which was part of hurricane supplies.

This is what I travel with.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/brita-premium-filtering-water-bottle-with-filter-bpa-free-turquoise/6000199228557?cmpid=sem_google_en_pla_none_6530281610_83783310932_None&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiAl5zwBRCTARIsAIrukdPmVHbZvIcOJeKFtf4APaNiZff7uaG5lR-TgTER8UA12NKYJobIIBkaApwdEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1