Laundry and ice melt

petitepedal

I've got a 40 lb bag of ice melt I didn't get to last winter as I didn't quite empty the last bag. That may last this winter if we get another lucky-low-snow winter. We've got a heat-wave of 58° today and partially cloudy, but I'll miss enjoying it outside because I've got a family White Elephant gift party and dinner at 2 pm that will go on until dusk and I'm sore all over from the unplanned weight-lifting workout yesterday when I moved a 100 lb metal lathe out of my basement and to my brother-in-law's house.  We're forecast for Sun-Tues highs of 48° (rainy), 62° (AM rain), and 52° (partly sunny) so Mon afternoon or Tues, I'll take Jake for 2-3 mile walk.  In any case, I appreciate the reduction in my nat. gas bill!

We had a new dryer delivered yesterday. The previous one was over 15 years old and making sounds like gravel was in it. I'd already replaced the bearings and seals about 8 years ago. Figured it was time for a new dryer. This one is smaller and more energy efficient. With only WoJSTL and I, it should be fine.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Got my laundry going..then got jumped about the ice on the sidewalk...found what I hope is ice melt  and spent a good 20 minutes putting salt out by the scoop ? Such are the joys of wearing the crown..

You got that wrong. When you wear the crown you get to give the orders and let your peons do the dirty work.