yesterday's walk

bikeman564™

35 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Sounds like a great day.  I don't always keep up with things here.  If you don't mind my asking, what kind of surgery did you have?   

no problem, there was a thread awhile ago. Upper right lob of my lung removed due to a carcinoid tumor that was also removed. I'm okay now.

• Heart 4

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I've been walking a lot since my surgery in October, 141 miles so far. Sometimes I walk around my condo complex, and sometimes mall walk when the weather is crappy or cold. I invited BCC to mall walk w/ me yesterday :) after walking we stopped for a few beers and some eats and chatted for a few hours :skipping:great saturday IMO

I've been doing 2-3 miles walks 2-3x per week with Jake the Golden Doodle through 2019 when the weather cooperates.

But, after what happened Friday, I need to do some hill cycling and maybe some regular workouts on the leg machine of my old but still functional Soloflex machine. Friday, I spent a lot of time wrestling a 100 lb, over 1 yard-long, unbalanced-weight metal lathe from my basement to car to BIL's house and Sat. and today my hamstrings have been really sore as well as some quad and biceps and lower back soreness. I'm planning to sit in my recliner all day and get help from the 500 mg Naproxen tablets left over from my shoulder surgery. I'm not even going to cook dinner: 2.5 min. nuked chicken nuggets with cocktail sauce and chips for dinner.

My legs can walk a few miles without any soreness while holding a 100 lb dog in check and on occasion a few more miles has been fine while keeping up with my nephew, but those legs clearly need some stronger workouts. At least my heavily repaired shoulder is just fine after Friday's weight workout!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Your Strava walks look like a caged animal! ? I’m sure you’re ready to ride again! WoW and I used to walk around the mall after dinner on cold date nights. All the national chains that have closed leaves a lot of unfilled stores. It’s depressing to walk and according to a business owner who moved out, the kids hanging there at night have become a lot more troublesome. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smudge said:

I didn't know either!! Dang! Hope you're doing well. Sounds like you are.

i am :)

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Holy crap, I hadn’t known!  When can you ride again?

January 21 :)

7 minutes ago, groupw said:

Your Strava walks look like a caged animal! ? I’m sure you’re ready to ride again! WoW and I used to walk around the mall after dinner on cold date nights. All the national chains that have closed leaves a lot of unfilled stores. It’s depressing to walk and according to a business owner who moved out, the kids hanging there at night have become a lot more troublesome. 

:D I am ready to ride when, but this is a good time of year to recover because it's mainly crappy cold weather.

• Heart 2