Browns bury the hatchet on kitchens

Dottleshead

I laugh at how the two Haslam owners of the Browns put out a message saying they will focus on getting the right coaches to make a playoff competitor.

Clearly, they don't have the skill to do so with their revolving door of coaches and they should "focus" on assembling a front office team that does have those skills.

The problem with frequent changes in head coaches and general managers is that their vision is different than previous ones and high draft choices are tossed, a 3-4 defense replaces a 4-3 defense and suddenly the outside linebackers don't fit the system, etc.

You could put the nucleus of an excellent team together with the discards of the Dolphins this year.

5 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I laugh at how the two Haslam owners of the Browns put out a message saying they will focus on getting the right coaches to make a playoff competitor.

Clearly, they don't have the skill to do so with their revolving door of coaches and they should "focus" on assembling a front office team that does have those skills.

The problem with frequent changes in head coaches and general managers is that their vision is different than previous ones and high draft choices are tossed, a 3-4 defense replaces a 4-3 defense and suddenly the outside linebackers don't fit the system, etc.

You could put the nucleus of an excellent team together with the discards of the Dolphins this year.

The Browns should have been in at least 4 Super Bowls with the number of first rounders they've had since the 90s.  The front office is a joke.  It's a cancerous franchise. And yet... 

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

Looks like this news was either way ahead of it's time or it was bogus.  Not sure why they'd be bringing him back in if they fired him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28397752/source-cowboys-jerry-jones-meet-jason-garrett-again-tuesday

It appears that Jason asked for more time to do his normal exit interviews with players, etc. and the Jones' said OK.  Axe will fall soon.  Or possibly, to avoid firing, they just let his contract, which was not renewed, expire making him a free agent for all intents and purposes.

I think that Jerry Jones has immense respect for Jason, and vice versa, but they realize it is time for change, hopefully not just in personnel but in ideology.

5 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Personally, I'd blame your 'offensive' coordinator. Any dude from Prosser, WA leading your offense needs to be canned.  Get it?  Canned? Sure it's a stretch but not much.

Name another NFL team whose OC just got his drivers license due to age and whose DC just lost his drivers license due to age

1 minute ago, Dottie said:

You're right. I'd blame your defensive coordinator. But I feel confident the blame lies somewhere with you, too. Your fault.

I am the voice of reason here.  I have told you repeatedly that Jerry Jones is the Debil.  Foosball is not the debil.  Use your medula oblongata here.  

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Me and 3 million of my friends think he has made a mistake.

The ones on opiates?  Wait a second, did you say you had 3 million friends?  That is a large number, how do you find time to hang out with them?

Poor guy, that place is worse than the Browns.  Maybe it will change now, though.

Well, the Washington Redskins seem to have improved themselves in just a couple days and the playoffs haven't officially started.  First hey grabbed coach Rivera and now Ron Rivera hires Jack Del Rio as defensive coordinator. I don't know if that will translate into wins as the head of the snake Snyder is still there -- but I know if I was a Deadskins fan, I'd have some optimism.  @Road Runner how do you feel about it?

On 12/31/2019 at 10:39 AM, jsharr said:

It appears that Jason asked for more time to do his normal exit interviews with players, etc. and the Jones' said OK.  Axe will fall soon.  Or possibly, to avoid firing, they just let his contract, which was not renewed, expire making him a free agent for all intents and purposes.

I think that Jerry Jones has immense respect for Jason, and vice versa, but they realize it is time for change, hopefully not just in personnel but in ideology.

I agree with this rag periodical out of New York.  It is getting weird.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has over nine seasons of evidence as to what he has in Jason Garrett as a head coach. But it will take him at least three meetings to decide whether or not to bring him back next season, as the sides get set to gather again on Thursday.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/02/cowboys-jason-garrett-firing-delay-is-getting-very-strange/