SW isn't trusted

bikeman564™

29 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Working on installing a new certificate, you need to be a rocket scientist to do this.  Bought it, had to jump through a bunch of hoops, then after installing with tech support, it said the site should be secure in a few minutes, that was a while ago.

Comodo / Sectigo?  I always get to chat with a nice Russian chick named Polina, but she keeps us up and running.   

30 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Working on installing a new certificate, you need to be a rocket scientist to do this.  Bought it, had to jump through a bunch of hoops, then after installing with tech support, it said the site should be secure in a few minutes, that was a while ago.

Thank you, SW. I believed in you even when the internet said this is a phishing site.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Just now, jsharr said:

Comodo / Sectigo?  I always get to chat with a nice Russian chick named Polina, but she keeps us up and running.   

Yes.  I got a couple of Russian people from NameChaep, they were not helpful at all.  The server guy fixed it for me.

Done. I've added the full chain. Now your website is secure and SSL compliant to Web Browsers.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

43 minutes ago, Dottie said:

It's totally effed on Chrome browser. I cannot post or reply on my Chromebook even after accepting access like 20,000 times. Able to click through and post on my phone though. SW needs to update his certificate.

25 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

Chrome is hosed until the cert gets fixed. I had to switch to a different browser. 

Kind of good to know.  If your Chromebook doesn't like the certificate -- nothing gets through.  I mean you can't really do anything.  I was, however, able to use Chrome browser on my cell phone and it worked after clicking through all the alerts.

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Off to do another site, now I'm really afraid, this site took over an hour.  The other site is on another server.

For those that care, cPanel was super easy to update.  This site isn't managed using cPanel, but DirectAdmin.  So much harder.  The other site is already done.

Anyone know how to set up an Amazon account for hosting files?

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Wow you guys don’t give up as easy as me. I tried to get in a few time and gave up and went somewhere else. When I came back all you guys had already posted. I guess I don’t need to post this.

188E5C72-5E68-4B66-8ACE-E241027F3BAE.thumb.png.21801936266e49b71a44c63657946124.png

I have a bug-a-salt. Still holding up. Pretty good for a plastic gun. 

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

For those that care, cPanel was super easy to update.  This site isn't managed using cPanel, but DirectAdmin.  So much harder.  The other site is already done.

Anyone know how to set up an Amazon account for hosting files?

I care.  It's like putting the battery in the front of the car and easily accessible by lifting the hood or storing it under the driver's bucket seat and requesting the user to remove it before they can gain access.  There's good engineering that thinks of the user experience and there's bad engineering that doesn't.  Software is no different.

• Heart 1