Does your state ban possessing fireworks?

Square Wheels

Some states allow that, we allow nothing.  I never knew that we can't have anything.  Also, if you buy in NH (tax free) you can't cut through my state to yours (I believe NJ).  We don't even allow that.

NH - live free or die - MA - police state.  Paul Revere and would turn in his grave, no?

Some states allow that, we allow nothing. I never knew that we can't have anything. Also, if you buy in NH (tax free) you can't cut through my state to yours (I believe NJ). We don't even allow that.

they did announce that they won't be stalking the border areas searching for illegal fireworks.

From Boston.com

"Possessing fireworks in Massachusetts remains illegal, but that hasn't stopped people from making the annual trek to New Hampshire to buy fireworks and bring them back into The Bay State. While some news stories have warned of police camping out on state borders to catch firework-movers, Massachusetts State Police don't seem to be taking that aggressive tactic this year.

"I don't know of any active effort" to monitor borders for firework purchases, State Police Lt. Dan Richard told Boston.com. "There's no step-up effort, it just takes on more of a life this time of year." Police will surely seize more fireworks this time of year than in the winter, but that's more due to the proximity to July 4th than a border-patrolling police strategy."

So I guess it is legal in PA to sell the bigger fireworks that are illegal to buy or use by PA people in PA to NJ people even though they are illegal to have or use in NJ, but not to PA people, but illegal for NJ people to bring them across the border, but PA issues permits to NJ people to have them in their cars for 24 hours.  Weird!