Why do they (whoever they are ) put fentanyl in heroin ?

Further

9 hours ago, Further said:

If you kill your customers

I have a neighbor who is out on bail for dealing heroin where one of her customers OD.  

Her husband is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and this is hard on him. He was telling me that he cleaned out his 401K account twice with trying to get her help.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

My thought is that it’s cheeper and more available in bulk that heroin. So the distributor can cut the heroin with other agents, and still maintain the high effect by adding some fentanyl. The goal isn’t to overdose anyone, but to maximize profits by extending the heroin supply.

I saw on tv that they want to get a reputation for selling the good stuff but this is all Russian roulette when you use black market stuff. 

6 hours ago, Airehead said:

as I understand it when someone dies, the other junkies think that there is a better high to be found and that they are smarter, know better, and they won’t die. 

That’s why people keep buying despite the risk.  The warning “You’re not Keith Richards” isn’t well respected

But I think the question is why do the distributors put it in there at all?

6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I think the original plan was to eliminate the drug problem by eliminating the drug users. Some goody two shoes didn’t get the memo and came up with an antidote. Now it’s just a big mess.

This sounds the the conspiracy that the CIA brought crack cocaine to America to eradicate the African American community.

Article talks about the opoid crisis (in British Columbia and also relevant for Alberta) and relationship to the construction, logging and oil industries where labourers who get injured, sometimes take some of the medication initially for relief, then get addicted:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-for-canadas-working-men-an-opioid-crisis-and-a-blue-collar-code-of/

After working at a major construction project (where I worked in the office) for 3 years (project was close to $1 billion), I can see how the outside workers could easily get injured.  Yes, the money can be good but it's a matter how much a person can last in those jobs outdoors under some difficult conditions and with heavy equipment, to avoid injury and other illnesses.  It is also for the workers, boom and bust work, where I found out in the heavy construction work worldwide, there's enough folks that might get pulled into drug abuse because they are (temporarily) earning lots of money and burning it away. I found out info. from our safety manager.

Near the bldg. where I work, there were several different incidents, where someone outside blacked out from drug overdose. So corporate security, then police and EMS had to be called.

51 minutes ago, Chris... said:

She’s doing great. The scars are pretty ugly though

27A39C9F-E2E2-475A-925A-5F0F00756FE4.jpeg

1AED22DB-6D4A-4B90-BE9F-364027345534.jpeg

Those scars will lighten up over time but I still can’t believe they didn’t do a better job of stitching up that L shaped wound on that pretty leg. Plastic surgeons can do magic. I can’t even find any of my plastic surgeries. The ones the dermatologist stitched up all left slight scars.

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Chris... said:

My daughter was given fentanyl when she got attacked by the dog. She said it was good for 15 mins but wore off pretty quick 

WoScrapr had some fentanayl patches. Very effective pain relief. I had to be very careful not to touch the "good" side of the patch on applying them. I think her patches lasted about 3 days or so. You also had to be careful on disposing them. IIRC drug users would get them out of the trash for any residual. I don't remember what the disposal method was though. We might have had a patch or 2 in the big batch of pills we recycled at the pharmacy

43 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

. I don't remember what the disposal method was though. We might have had a patch or 2 in the big batch of pills we recycled at the pharmacy

I couldn’t get anyone to give me a straight answer on what to do with our empty syringes. I had two bio-hazard buckets full of them and nobody could tell me where to take them. They are in the landfill now.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I couldn’t get anyone to give me a straight answer on what to do with our empty syringes. I had two bio-hazard buckets full of them and nobody could tell me where to take them. They are in the landfill now.

There are a couple chain pharmacies that take them near us. And yeah, 2 or 3 shots a day fills up the Sharps container fast

I think our local Haz Mat place takes them too. Right next to the transfer station

*and you reminded me where we disposed of the fentanyl patches. Sharps container

• Heart 1