I lost it

a bunch of numbers

I pulled my bike computer and garmin off my bike after a ride last Sunday and I haven't seen them since.  I have no idea where I set them down.  I'm to the point of looking in drawers, the fridge and freezer... anywhere and everywhere.  I'm beginning to think I set them on the bumper of my truck.. 

I'm a dumbass...

I did.  I am 8 mph faster and put out 300 watts more with these wheels.

You are frustrating the forum as a whole, you know, with your lack of empirical evidence.

I am trying to up my average speed almost 4 mph by the end of July.  This would be over three laps at Prospect Park, each massive grinder lap is OVER 3 MILES, most mortals could not ride this distance and survive.  My first ride this year (about three weeks ago?), I am embarrassed to say, I averaged just over 13 mph.   I was already able to do a lap at 17.1 mph on Tuesday, and I did two laps at around 16mph on Sunday, so I am pretty sure I will hit this goal, causing an immediate regoaling session when that happens.  There is a little bit of climbing, and I am heavy as hell and started totally detrained just a few weeks back.

I am slow.

I pulled my bike computer and garmin off my bike after a ride last Sunday and I haven't seen them since. I have no idea where I set them down. I'm to the point of looking in drawers, the fridge and freezer... anywhere and everywhere. I'm beginning to think I set them on the bumper of my truck..

I'm a dumbass...

4 years ago today I was cleaning my boat, and put my Garmin in a box of stuff that was important to me. Somehow that box got thrown away.

Don't feel too bad, you aren't alone.

Sorry to poke fun at your misfortune, but isn't there something a bit ironic about a lost gps device?

Ha.. Yeah, that irony was not lost on me.

I'm happy to say, I found them.  Getting ready to go out for a ride, I found them in my riding shoe.  I looked in the bottom of my closet earlier in the week, but I never looked in my riding shoes.  When I reached for the shoes a few minutes ago I saw a reflection in the bottom of the right shoe.  I knew right away it was the bike computer.  I gasped, thought I heard music, ... kinda like when your windows computer starts up.. then reached inside the shoe and pulled them both out.  Finally... mystery solved.  I thought for sure they were laying out on the side of the road somewhere. 

• Heart 1

You are frustrating the forum as a whole, you know, with your lack of empirical evidence.

I am trying to up my average speed almost 4 mph by the end of July.  This would be over three laps at Prospect Park, each massive grinder lap is OVER 3 MILES, most mortals could not ride this distance and survive.  My first ride this year (about three weeks ago?), I am embarrassed to say, I averaged just over 13 mph.   I was already able to do a lap at 17.1 mph on Tuesday, and I did two laps at around 16mph on Sunday, so I am pretty sure I will hit this goal, causing an immediate regoaling session when that happens.  There is a little bit of climbing, and I am heavy as hell and started totally detrained just a few weeks back.

I am slow.

You need to buy some new wheels.   :)

• Heart 1

He found then in his shoe.

What's the difference began a bike computer and a Garmin?

I don't think bike computers have the GPS.  The GPS is everything, if you want to play on Strava. Also, the Garmin is very programmable.  Change up the screens, and track all kinds of crap.

Hey!  That looks like a momocycle. 

Not my bike, though I happen to have the same light and computer (I don't have the T-bar).

First-gen Topeak Panoram wireless; I bought it back in 2002.  Still works great and tells me everything I need to know.  Highest speed ever recorded: 47.7mph.