Hello, you lovely corner of the internet.

MoseySusan

15 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Read this description in the NYT this morning. 

“Find a well-moderated corner of the internet.

“The internet still abounds in lovely, wholesome niches — ...where strangers come together to help one another out of real problems in life.

What distinguishes the productive online communities from the disturbing ones? Often it’s something simple: content moderation. The best places online are bounded by clear, well-enforced community guidelines for participation. Twitter and Facebook are toxic because there are few rules and few penalties for flouting them. A Reddit community like r/relationships, meanwhile, is a haven of incredible, empathetic discussion because its hosts spend a lot of effort policing the discussion toward productive dialogue.”

This excerpt follows encouragement to resist sharing viral material and quote tweeting as a way of ”preventing dystopia.” 

But can we all agree on MORE @donkpow and LESS @Kzoo!

Or, just more dog and cat pics???

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I'm pretty sure we were listed as one of the Internet backbones on one of Donk's maps.

Okay, maybe we just focus on the "more dog and cat pics" portion of my mean-spirited post.  We don't want less of great insight like your comment above!

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Okay, maybe we just focus on the "more dog and cat pics" portion of my mean-spirited post.  We don't want less of great insight like your comment above!

Sorry, I don't read most of your posts.  What did it say?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This is going to hurt @Square Wheels's feelings.  This whole time he thought he was the center of the internet and not just a corner.  I'm pretty sure we were listed as one of the Internet backbones on one of Donk's maps.

Square Wheels loves corners.  He fits right into them.