Do you have a wall calendar?

Kirby

Do you still have a wall calendar either at work or at home?  I know they're low tech and almost retro at this point, but I still enjoy seeing the various themes and starting the new year with a new wall calendar.  One woman at work switched from Game of Thrones to Unicorns this year.  Another guy has a car calendar that he got as a gift. 

I always make a wall calendar for family with pictures from the past year, mainly of family pets, but also from vacations.  I keep that one up all year. I also got some as gifts (including one that's a picture of baby lambs, often dressed in pajamas)  and a bunch from charities (usually animal or national park related).  I find somewhere to hang the gifts and switch out the charity ones depending on the picture that month.

So do you still have a wall calendar and if so, what's the theme this year?

• Heart 3

Yes, every year my wife makes one for Christmas with pictures of the kids for Grandparents.  I get one for work and we get one for home too.  One of her sisters also gets one.  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

At work I normally get a free one from a vendor, and will hang it up. Also at work I have a deskpad calendar which I jot things down on, and use it as a to-do list. It works great because I see the list of items. I tried using MS Outlook tasks but its not my thing.

• Heart 1

I’m not in my office enough to use one there. We have an online ticket/scheduling system for our service calls. The HVAC company sends us a generic scenery calendar at home every year. Still laying on the counter. I use my phone calendar more than anything. 

• Heart 1

Freebies both at home and work.  Home is our command center for appointments, the work one gets ignored.  My mom gave me a Jeopardy desktop one - I haven;t had desktop ones since the Far Side Off the Wall Calendar.  I loved one I had ages ago with a different law like Murphy's Law, Sodd's Law, Occam's Razor, So and So's Corollary, etc. for each day.  That was very entertaining. :D  I guess I have a reputation for black humour.  This year's home one is Boy's Town with Currier and Ives like pics.  For years we bought the Lang Folk Art Calendar with pictures of old villages and shit. It was relaxing, taking you back to the picturesque part of yesteryear withoot the hardships. :D

81plJFoTYWL._SX425_.jpg

• Heart 2

We don't have any at home for a wall. I keep a hard copy of same document at home , on home desk, that I discuss below.  It makes it easy for me to reference it instead of firing up the computer to look up a digital document.

At work, we were offered a free huge one from safety dept.  I don't bother to get one.

Instead I printed off a letter-size calendar from HR dept. and tack it off on my cubicle bulletin board which gives our pay weeks and our work cycles for those of us who chose the work schedule option of 1 defined day off every 3 wks. The calendar is marked off per 3 wk. cycle.  It is strictly defined by our employer and defines how many hrs. per wk. we work and when the "freebie" day off  per 3 wk. cycle, can be identified by employee with approval from manager. 

I work abit longer than a normal workday in this particular work schedule benefit option.  We also have to log our worked hrs. into the online time tracking system.  I use it to plan vacation days off, asking for days off approval and figuring out when I'm going to be absent in advance, when I get business meeting notices from other employees/depts.  Having the document online at work is not convenient for me, since I have so many document and application windows open simultaneously. I have to ensure my automatic outgoing email will give alternate staff names for service ---- when I'm not around.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

How was the massage?

I had to cancel it. :( I canceled today’s haircut too. I really need to keep my cardiology appointment on Monday. I’m not sure how I’m going to do that?

i really could use the massage too, they are always good. I finally found the perfect massage therapist and have been going once a month for a couple years.

Tuesday I’m supposed to have suture removal, if my wife isn’t doing any better I’ll probably cancel that and see if I can take them out myself looking in the mirror.

• Sad 2

WOChrisL stopped putting them up in the kitchen a couple of years ago.  I refer to my outlook calendar daily, sometimes several times a day and my phone tells me the date & day of the week so no wall calendars at work either.  I used to like the desk pad calendars but haven’t used one in ages.

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

no.

This.

We had a receptionist/accounting assistant that had one on a partition wall that was always in the way.  I would take it down - she would put back up - I would take it down - she would but it back up.....  We fired her.

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This.

We had a receptionist/accounting assistant that had one on a partition wall that was always in the way.  I would take it down - she would put back up - I would take it down - she would but it back up.....  We fired her.

Did you keep the calendar?

I forgot that I also have one very small calendar that they were giving away at my local pizza place.  There was a small box with magnet calendars with the name and address of the pizza place on it.  Except there was one in the box that for some reason had the name and address of "your newspaper carrier" from Saratoga Springs instead of the pizza place.  Of course that was the one I wanted.

• Haha 1

I don't because I no longer use one to write down reminders.

As a chemistry and physics major who tends to think of the world in term of matter and energy, I do have a periodic table, about 2 ft. x 3 ft., on the wall of TV room. You'd be amazed at how many times I look at it to make sense of the physical world.

• Heart 1