Today is a good day for a positive Bruschi update!

Wilbur

I wish i had a better one to give:

The vet said there might be some slight improvement on the neurological front.  Is it enough to be able to say he will have some QoL down the road?  No one can say.

He's got pneumonia, diagnosed yesterday or the day before... he just got a new primary doc and this one seems a lot more concerned about the pneumonia than the last one, and started talking about removing lung lobes.   I'm thinking, "Yeah, right, doc.  No fucking way."  we can't afford it, and even if we could, we're not putting him through any more major procedures.

Otherwise most all of his original wounds are mostly healed... One or two are still draining, and if he had no other complications, they would probably go in and address them.  Obviously the broken bones will be a bit longer, but there's no real treatment for them anyway.  If he didn't have the stroke, and now the pneumonia, we'd be talking about taking him home, triumphant.  Instead, everyday we are torn between the money this is costing, whether he'll live at all, whether he'll have QoL at the end, etc. etc.  Like every fucking day mourning again, and again.

On a positive note, we finally are getting some help from the city and animal control.  They are going to issue the owner of the dogs tickets for a bunch of things, and make them come in and basically prove they aren't true.  unlicensed, unvaccinated, running loose, etc.  We'll see how that goes.  I'll probably start looking for a lawyer tonight.

Eric

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

5 hours ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

On a positive note, we finally are getting some help from the city and animal control.  They are going to issue the owner of the dogs tickets for a bunch of things, and make them come in and basically prove they aren't true.  unlicensed, unvaccinated, running loose, etc.  We'll see how that goes.  I'll probably start looking for a lawyer tonight.

Eric

While it will be small consolation, I would think suing for medical expenses, at least, awould be very reasonable.