I’d like bird photos, please.

MoseySusan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally getting around to processing these. Was hoping one would return with a fish to feed the hatchling, but no such luck. Try again next year. This nest is downtown Winter Park on top of a utility pole. Across the street in a parking lot and the 4th (top) floor is eyelevel with the nest. Try again next year.

Osprey 2500px-1.JPG

Osprey 2500px-3.JPG

Osprey 2500px-6.JPG

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Finally getting around to processing these. Was hoping one would return with a fish to feed the hatchling, but no such luck. Try again next year. This nest is downtown Winter Park on top of a utility pole. Across the street in a parking lot and the 4th (top) floor is eyelevel with the nest. Try again next year.

Osprey 2500px-1.JPG

Osprey 2500px-3.JPG

Osprey 2500px-6.JPG

Clearly you have good camera equipment...

7 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Clearly you have good camera equipment...

And like a bicycle, it is N+1. If not a 'backup' camera body, definitely a lens.

Switched from Nikon and now shoot with a Sony a7rIII, and yes the a7rIV is tempting but the 42mp sensor on the III is sufficient. Definitely could use a longer lens for wildlife/sports etc as my  longest, and the one used for the photo, is a 70-200 - but the 42mp sensor rescues with significant cropping capability. Minimal cropping was required for the above, removing wires at base of nest and on some, the treeline/sky was distracting.

• Awesome 1

My neighbor was shooting at the birds perched on the fence between our two back yards. So, I moved the seed feeder and suet box away from that part of the yard. A few birds have found the seeds, but the woodpeckers and flock of tits are still searching around where the suet used to be located. :( 

17 minutes ago, Miss Ida Hart said:

the woodpeckers and flock of tits are still searching around where the suet used to be located.

They’ll find it.

I’m always amazed at how birds find food - even when it doesn’t look like what they’re “engineered” to eat. 

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Miss Ida Hart said:

My neighbor was shooting at the birds perched on the fence between our two back yards.

What sort of weapon were they using?  Anything more than a plastic dart gun would be something to notify the local law enforcement about.

• Sad 1

An air rifle would be illegal to use in a residential neighborhood.  There are alternatives to prevent birds from sitting on the fence.  If it were me, I would send local law enforcement over to have a talk with them.

45 minutes ago, jdc2000 said:

An air rifle would be illegal to use in a residential neighborhood.  There are alternatives to prevent birds from sitting on the fence.  If it were me, I would send local law enforcement over to have a talk with them.

Or, I could talk to him about letting me install something to prevent birds from sitting on the fence. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...