RR - I can definitely sympathize with being a dumbass

Ralphie

I also am a dumbass, but have managed to enjoy the avoidance of any major catastophes for it so far.

For example, I just bought 8 screws for mounting blinds in 4 windows.  One per side - I think not.  :rolleyes:  :D

I intended to buy a box, but all they had were boxes of 100 for 12 bux, so that was too many, and thinking quickly on my feet as usual, I flubbed the simple math. :rolleyes:  Not to worry though, I have to go back anyway since Mrs. Ralph and I missed that there is also a center bracket.  Have I mentioned I hate home improvement stuff?  I do like puttering though, so this is right on the border.  The whole reason we have to buy screws 1/4 shorter is we hit a rock solid impediment in the last 1/4".  And I just remembered that I CAN drill pilot holes by just marking the screw spots and drilling BEFORE I put on the bracket that won;t let a drill through.  So most likely I can use the original screws. :rolleyes: My God, I am a dumbass!  And I am a Comical Engineer, not a mechanical one, obviously. :D

I don't know why....but I find this post hilarious. Is it empathy from havomg been in the same position? Is it because what MOTU is doing is so freaking simple, it could be done with the eyes closed...and that includes the math. Or is it that I'm just feeling a bit azzy today? I'm not sure. I think I'll pnder over the these mixed emotions next week.

I don't know why....but I find this post hilarious. Is it empathy from havomg been in the same position? Is it because what MOTU is doing is so freaking simple, it could be done with the eyes closed...and that includes the math. Or is it that I'm just feeling a bit azzy today? I'm not sure. I think I'll pnder over the these mixed emotions next week.

There is no job so simple that I cannot eff it up. :D  I just wish I was as rich a screw-up as Homer Simpson would be if he were real and got royalties from Matt Groening. :)

• Heart 1

I had a cookout at my in-law's today.  My mother in law asked me to change a light bulb in the bathroom that she couldn't reach.  She handed me an bulb but when I took the globe off the light it had a circular fluorescent bulb.  I went to Home Depot and bought a new bulb, took it back and installed it but the light still didn't work.  The bulb had a clinking sound to it so I returned it for another bulb, it didn't work either.  It also had a clinking sound when you shake it.  I gave up and returned that one and bought a new light fixture that took standard bulbs.  My two minute job ended up taking me several hours.  I'm guessing the ballast was bad in the original fixture.