Bills and Texans

Dottleshead

41 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

I hope the Bills win. It would make alot of my friends really really happy if they win. 

The Titans will win today.   The Pats are done.  I think Brady moves to Indy after this game. 

Myles Garrett did nothing wrong. 

Mudkipz 

Including me. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Dottie said:

Being up in the corner of the country, I don't have that much of an investment in this game. I like Houston and Watson. But I like defense better. Go Bills. I'm not saying they are going to win but I'm backing them. DeathJim I got your back.

Bills 20, Texans 13

I'm no expert so this is a amateurish guess. I have some credentials. I played in high school in the 60's but when I helped the coaches run practices with my nephew's rec. league team in 2013, I realized how much technique, drills, etc. had passed me by.  I spent a lot of time studying everything from receiver route trees and leaving your feet when catching the ball to gain a height advantage to man-to-man vs zone defenses to defensive line stunts, swim moves, etc. My nephew's team lost the county-wide rec. league title game 36-33 and I learned a lot from the coaches. I also carefully studied former NFL Asst. Coach Pat Kirwan's excellent book for couch potatoes: Take Your Eye Off the Ball: How to Watch Football by Knowing Where to Look.

So I think I have a better idea of what's going on in the NFL than the avg. person.  I watched the Ravens play the Texans and the Bills. And saw a the Texans and Bills each play a couple other games. Note that Deshaun Watson is a QB who rushes, but if the Bills limited Lamar Jackson - as they did - they'll limit Watson, too.

Watson does not have WR Will Fuller today.  The Bills will double-team the Texan's elite WR, Deandre Hopkins, and their superb rush defense will limit RB's Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson.  I think the Texans will have trouble moving the ball consistently

Meanwhile the Texans defense is one of the five worst in the NFL and J.J. Watt's return will not make them elite - they didn't play well when he was healthy early in the season.

• Hugs 1

4 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

I hope the Bills win. It would make alot of my friends really really happy if they win. 

The Titans will win today.   The Pats are done.  I think Brady moves to Indy after this game. 

Myles Garrett is a thug.   

Mudkipz 

FIFY

Final Score in OT: Texans 22, Bills 19, as the Bills blew a 16-0 lead they held until late in the 3rd Quarter.

I thought the Bills would win but, is the Patriots beat the Titans, the winner of Bills-Texans plays the Ravens in Baltimore next week, and the Ravens beat the Texans 41-7 compared to 17-10 over the Bills.  I don't think the Texans can stop the Ravens running game, and if Mark Ingram is limited (supposedly he's good to go) note that Gus Edwards is almost as good a downhill runner as Ingram to keep the D in the middle so Lamar can run outside.

3 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Extremely 

Well, it won't mean much but I'm a little disappointed myself.  You guys definitely had your chances.  I know you don't want to hear it but it seems to me that another year with experience might make the difference?  The big stage is a different ball game. I guess now there's no other way to look at it.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Well, it won't mean much but I'm a little disappointed myself.  You guys definitely had your chances.  I know you don't want to hear it but it seems to me that another year with experience might make the difference?  The big stage is a different ball game. I guess now there's no other way to look at it.

Wow, a Buffalo team choked? Who’d have guessed. 

3 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Wow, a Buffalo team choked? Who’d have guessed. 

You know if just 1 or 2 of those guys who had Watson dead to rights had made the tackle or even if the linebacker held containment on the RB who caught the ball, we are probably having a different discussion.  I give credit to Watson for continuing the play but I saw 3 mistakes on that last play.  The problem is they allowed a -14 yard play or possibly a 4 yard gain turn into like a 35 yard gain. Game over.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Dottie said:

You know if just 1 or 2 of those guys who had Watson dead to rights had made the tackle or even if the linebacker held containment on the RB who caught the ball, we are probably having a different discussion.  I give credit to Watson for continuing the play but I saw 3 mistakes on that last play.  The problem is they allowed a -14 yard play or possibly a 4 yard gain turn into like a 35 yard gain. Game over.

The Bills have perfected the idea that one guy can ruin a good season. Repeatedly.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

I have a future HOF QB coming back. You have no coach and some hick at QB and dysfunctional receiver. Advantage: Pittsburgh.

What?  Ben will trot his enlarged prostate and maimed arm back to throw 7 yard patterns to nobody (I am assuming that Cooper and Juju will continue to be perpetually injured).  Mayfield will do great next year as the Browns go 16-0 and take the super bowl next year.