Did you like the opposite sex when you were little?

Road Runner

It is often written and assumed by the general public that young boys (<10-12 years old or so) tend to dislike or even hate girls. 

I can't ever remember hating girls.  I lived on a farm when I was small, and my first exposure to lots of girls was when I started the first grade.  I remember my first grade teacher, Mrs. Johnson.  I had a crush on her.  She was the best looking woman I had ever seen in person up to that time of my life.  I also "liked" several girls in my class.  I was only 6 years old.  

How old were you when you started liking the other sex?  Did you have to wait until you hit puberty or what?  

I never understood the "boys hating girls" thing.   NTTIAWWT.

• Awesome 1

My son when he was three or four was pushing a shopping cart through the grocery when a hot girl walked by.  He ran into a pole staring at her.

I don't remember hating girls, only saying it because it was the thing to do for a time in elementary.  I remember liking a girl in my preschool class.

• Heart 2

I was always interested in the girls, though sometimes I had a strange way of showing it. Me and John Pettis got in trouble in kindergarten when we tied up two of the girls with a jump-rope and hauled them around the playground in a wagon. The girls though it was fun. The teacher, Mrs. Adkins, was not impressed...

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I don't remember hating girls, only saying it because it was the thing to do for a time in elementary.  I remember liking a girl in my preschool class.

Pretty much this.  I had a crush on my teacher.  I had girls I paid special attention to. My older sisters had friends who I definitely liked.  But, saying you didn't like a girl was the thing to do. Kids - especially little boys - are morans. 

• Heart 2

I’ve always liked girls that I can remember. My first crushes were in First grade with Cindy and Lee Ann. They were the Betty and Veronica of our class. I had no idea what to do with those feelings, but I liked being around them! 
It seems like my formative years were around more girls than boys. My class had a 2:1 ratio of girls to boys. I just got comfortable being friends without expectations for more. Even today the boss’s daughter teases me because clients with directors and office managers who are pretty women ask for me. I know it’s just that I make them comfortable and don’t give off the “creeper” vibe. 

• Heart 1

I can't remember actually hating girls.  In our community where all the houses were built after WW2, there were two girls named Marsha and Susie who were a couple years older than the dozen or so of us close-in-age boys and girls in a typical lots-of-kids  Baby Boomer community.

They became our leaders and we loved Marsha and Susie and cried when Marsha's family moved away - we met her again much later when she became a waitress at a popular crabhouse.

"Miss Anne," a respected lady in the highest-income family in our block and the mother of my friend Dennis, decided to have a Saturday Dance Party in the early afternoon in her basement, which was finished but just one huge room. We were all about 10-14 years old when it began. She would cook/bake for us, serve us punch or soda, and we would watch shows like American Bandstand or the local Buddy Dean Show to see how all the new dances were done.  We would dance boy-girl and learn how to do the twist, mashed potato, slow dance, etc. by copying the couples on those dance shows.  We soon learned that being able to dance carried some status with it at school, CYO (Catholic Youth Organization), etc. dances.  So the Saturday Dance Party lasted for a few years as we kept up with all the new steps.

Around 5th grade, a girl named Sheila moved onto our block and we eventually became friends. She had another friend named Rita and, in the summer after 8th grade, Rita became the first girl I ever asked out.  I took her to a carnival.  After that, I never looked at girls the same way again.

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

almost all of my neighbors were girls.  For a while growing up I thought I might want to be a doctor.

When I was little there were only a couple neighbors. There were a couple boys much older than me and one girl a few months younger than me. The girl was my best friend and we hung out together every day. She liked to play doctor and we would take turns being the doctor. I often wondered how our relationship would have changed if her family hadn’t moved to Floriduh. 

I think I started liking girls before all my friends did, and before I understood why. In 2nd or 3rd grade the girls were chasing us around to kiss us. I was the first to stop running fast enough to get away. One of my friends had a cute sister. To all the guys, she was our friend's "icky sister." But I was infatuated with her before I even knew why. I think shes the reason I'm a caboose kinda guy to this day.... ;) 

• Heart 2

Very much so. I would play hairdresser during recess. All the pretty girls were my clientele including the 2nd grade teacher Miss Crump. I brought a little black bag to school with all my brushes and the girls and I would talk about the Partridge Family or Eight is Enough. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Very much so. I would play hairdresser during recess. All the pretty girls were my clientele including the 2nd grade teacher Miss Crump. I brought a little black bag to school with all my brushes and the girls and I would talk about the Partridge Family or Eight is Enough. 

I believe this.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

Yes I did.

When I was three or four, my family was at city hall in Toronto and unbeknownst to my parents, I followed some secretaries onto the elevator and got off on some random floor.

It took them a while to find me...., Dad called me a skirt chaser (and 'Chip'....., as in 'off the old block)

Apparently it took a while for them to find me chatting with some lady