So how is your new year coming along?

petitepedal

The gym is FULL...lots of resolutionists ( the 98pound weakling "trainer" at PF is calling them 3 weekers...can you tell I am not impressed with their trainer :whistle:)

I believe I have only written 2019...once so far.

Tomorrow is my physical :wacko: I gotta talk to the doc about moving it to a better time of year..like April!!

Speaking of April....got your tax info yet?

Starting the same as 2019 ended.  Never understood the make a change just because it's a new year.  If you really want to make a change, you do it regardless of the calendar.  If you do it just because it's a new year, odds are you are bound to fail because you don't really want to do it.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

So far 2020 has presented me with:

1. A toilet that doesn't flush properly, it starts strong but ends with a gurgle that is ineffectual against even the smallest turd.
  2. Type 2 diabetes

If this trend continues, 2020 will end in the heat death of the universe and everyone will blame me.

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

So far 2020 has presented me with:

1. A toilet that doesn't flush properly, it starts strong but ends with a gurgle that is ineffectual against even the smallest turd.
  2. Type 2 diabetes

If this trend continues, 2020 will end in the heat death of the universe and everyone will blame me.

That sucks, my toilet started out the year working perfectly.  Of course my septic tank decided it had had enough Christmas Eve, so we had to spend Christmas day running on minimal water usage until we could get it pumped the day after Christmas.

That was one full shitter.  The guy came out doesn't think the previous owner ever had it pumped, what a freaking surprise, yet one more thing they didn't do right.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Silly said:

It was JSharr who dropped the deuce that wiped out your septic tank.  He was boasting about it the whole next week.

Okay, I will send him the bill then.

24 minutes ago, Indy said:

The guy came out doesn't think the previous owner ever had it pumped, what a freaking surprise, yet one more thing they didn't do right.

That's not a home inspection or due diligence sort of thing prior to buying a new home with a septic tank?

51 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

A toilet that doesn't flush properly, it starts strong but ends with a gurgle that is ineffectual against even the smallest turd.

Just the one toilet? I'd just replace the tank's gut and see what gives. If you go #2, in the meantime, hold the flush handle down until everything disappears.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

That's not a home inspection or due diligence sort of thing prior to buying a new home with a septic tank?

Just the one toilet? I'd just replace the tank's gut and see what gives. If you go #2, in the meantime, hold the flush handle down until everything disappears.

Had a home inspection.  I've learned my home inspector was completely incompetent.

They septic guy that came out laughed and said they run into that a majority of the time.  Home inspectors will say they checked the septic and it's fine, then there is an issue and he says it very clear that they never even took the cover off or even attempted to.  I've talked to more than enough people and based on my personal experience of dealing with them in both buying and selling, there is no bigger fraud than home inspections as most of them, have no idea what they are looking at or doing.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Just the one toilet? I'd just replace the tank's gut and see what gives. If you go #2, in the meantime, hold the flush handle down until everything disappears

Swapped both the flush valve and the fill valve from a duplicate toilet in the other bathroom.  The problem stayed with the toilet.  Water flows out the tank well enough.  An auger goes about 10 feet through the bowls exit and pretty far up that other little hole.  That tells me the problem is in the 'clean water' part of the bowl.  I have no idea what could be going on in there.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Swapped both the flush valve and the fill valve from a duplicate toilet in the other bathroom.  The problem stayed with the toilet.  Water flows out the tank well enough.  An auger goes about 10 feet through the bowls exit and pretty far up that other little hole.  That tells me the problem is in the 'clean water' part of the bowl.  I have no idea what could be going on in there.

Clean water part is pretty simple.  Guess it could be some calcium build up or something causing flow issues.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

So, when you flush and HOLD the handle down, it behaves differently than the other toilet if you do the same thing?  That's pretty nutty :D  My toilets will flush (with full force) and then hold a steady stream equal essentially to the water line pressure.  Sort of like full blast on a faucet.  Is there a noticeable slow filling speed? Maybe the line in is kinked?

1 minute ago, Mr. Silly said:

It is only about 4 years old so I doubt it is calcium.  How does anything else get stuck in there?

Outside of a build up from the water, I can't figure out how anything would unless something fell into the tank.  It's really a pretty simple setup, not much to go wrong.  And you said you basically checked the flush valve, so there isn't anything else other than obstructed water jet.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, when you flush and HOLD the handle down, it behaves differently than the other toilet if you do the same thing? 

No.  It slows down even if I hold the button down until the tank empties.  (it is designed to only empty about half the tank).  The only difference is bowl will fill more though before it drains.  That hints at a blockage in the bowl's exit path but I was able to push the auger pretty far.

I've begun recording in my 2020 budget spreadsheet how much I spend on healthy groceries vs mostly processed groceries.  So far it's $31.78 healthy and $16.47 processed.  That's better, I think, than last year since I've been doing baked fish filets, chicken thighs, etc. so far instead of nuked hot dogs, etc.  I hope to improve the ratio as the year goes on.

So far a little better than last year. At least I didn’t have the flu on New Year’s. 
Our PF is swamped as well. Not a fan of our trainer for the last year. I liked the strength classes when the girl trainer was there (not hot). We got a better workout with her in 30 minutes than they do in 60 with the new guy. He doesn’t use the strength class corner for much. He drags the class around to various weight stations and they do more standing watching other classmates than working. I can do that on my own in less than half the time!

Basically done with Mom and Dad’s business affairs down here. Hoping I can get back to some things that were put off from last year!

7 hours ago, Indy said:

The guy came out doesn't think the previous owner ever had it pumped, what a freaking surprise, yet one more thing they didn't do right.

In Michigan the County Health Department has to approve septic systems prior to a resale.  Part of the approval is the current home owner has to prove with a receipt from a licensed septic service that the tank had been pumped out within the previous 36 months.

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

In Michigan the County Health Department has to approve septic systems prior to a resale.  Part of the approval is the current home owner has to prove with a receipt from a licensed septic service that the tank had been pumped out within the previous 36 months.

Get those bureaucratic bums out of my private home sale!!!!  Jeebus. Talk about wasting money!

I'm still having problems readjusting my time zone change-sleep clock after vacation...  And it's only 1 hr. difference in time zones.  Wonder if this is an age thing..less ability to readjust to sleep and time zone changes..

This afternoon I just assigned a high priority project at work...with high client expectations.