Snew!

team scooter

8 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Finally coming this weekend. Could it be winter is starting?

We're back into the high 60s this weekend with some rain too.  That should wash away the remainder of the snow & ice from Tuesday.  It lingers in the shaded areas as long as the weather is below 40, so I look forward to that stuff getting washed away ASAP!

14 minutes ago, team scooter said:

The weather will be perfect for taking my vintage snowmobile to a local vintage snomo show/get together Saturday over the border in Illinois.  

Yay for talking snowmos, inhaling two stroke fumes, eating cheeseburgers and enjoying a beer. Be there or be square. :hapydance:

Sadly they don't sell Spotted Cow in Illinois.  :unsure:

jd.jpg

Those tracks look like they'll all skirt to the north of me.  Whew!

2 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Yay..and I see @team scooter also uses John Dee for weather :cheerleader:

Yep. I've been watching this snow event for days. It looked like one storm was going north of us and another separate one was going south, leaving us high and dry. My fingers were crossed that they might meet in the middle and we'd be in the bull's eye. It appears this is the case. The TV weatherheads are calling this a "significant snow event". But JD is the only one I'll believe when it comes to snowcasting. 

• Awesome 1

39 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We're back into the high 60s this weekend with some rain too.  That should wash away the remainder of the snow & ice from Tuesday.  It lingers in the shaded areas as long as the weather is below 40, so I look forward to that stuff getting washed away ASAP!

We're having almost exactly the same weather here in Central Maryland as you're having in the Maldives! :o

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

My alert this morning said between Friday evening and Sunday afternoon be prepared for historical accumulations of 'ice water' (a mixture of snow. ice and rain) along with 45 MPH winds.

You should consider moving to Central Maryland or maybe the Maldives.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, team scooter said:

The weather will be perfect for taking my vintage snowmobile to a local vintage snomo show/get together Saturday over the border in Illinois.  

Yay for talking snowmos, inhaling two stroke fumes, eating cheeseburgers and enjoying a beer. Be there or be square. :hapydance:

Sadly they don't sell Spotted Cow in Illinois.  :unsure:

jd.jpg

lynx 1.jpg

Image result for good and plenty

• Heart 1

I think I'll stay home today and catch the next vintage snowmo show next weekend. :(

So far, the first part of the snowstorm was an icy bust. Neighbor left for work and came right back, and barely made it back home. Said he'd wait till after the salt truck goes by. The roads are glare ice. Even the salt truck is sporting tire chains... :huh:

Still calling for some snow later. 

ice.jpg

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Its blustery too. The cars outside are solid ice. I'm thinking rather then chip away forever with an ice scraper, I'll pull them in the garage with the heat going to let them thaw for a while before the snow comes. ;)

I used to keep a torpedo heater in my work van, plug that sucker in 10 minutes before leaving and the van was warm and ice free  :)

• Heart 1