It isn't a bomb!

Wilbur

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Toronto and Montreal airports have already issued bans on corporate aircraft in anticipation of the weather. :( 

If you borrow it, it is just a joy ride, not some uptight corporate gig.  Do a few loops or a barrel roll so the tower guys can see you are just out having fun.

• Heart 2

Just now, Wilbur said:

To minimize delays, I am thinking train.   I haven't been on a train in years.  

Yeah like trains run a real tight ship when it comes to schedules...

Maybe you Canadians have this figured out but Amtrack takes schedules as recommendations.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Amtrak is reliant on coal supply.  We have modern trains. 

Amtrak runs on borrowed tracks with antiquated staffing regulations.  Ever sit at a crossroads with a gravel road in Iowa for and hour and a half for a new Porter because the current one has worked their allotted hours?  

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Did you see the response from the train on this..., where they responded they wished she had of also tweeted about the first class seating they gave her for the rest if her trip

She sort of had first class when she staged the pic as I understand it.  But the train broke down and they had to take a back up train for a short bit.  She just neglected to tell that part until the train company called her bluff.

• Heart 2

Just keep in mind that you may not be the only genius who ditches air travel for rail. I'd leave early if I was you.

My parents may be facing an ice storm in the St. Lawrence River Valley.  My Dad is on oxygen 24/7.  It generates through electricity. They have two spare batteries that can be recharged with a car battery. Other than that they need to get to a hospital (7 miles away) or a firehouse (1 mile away, I think) to have an oxygen source. Or maybe one of their neighbors has a generator.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Amtrak runs on borrowed tracks with antiquated staffing regulations.  Ever sit at a crossroads with a gravel road in Iowa for and hour and a half for a new Porter because the current one has worked their allotted hours?  

Hell, we've sat in a pu towing a boat waiting at a crossing for the crews to change for a coal train in Montana.  The potential for his happened more frequently as the trains got longer. Made for a long fishing trip.

3 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Hell, we've sat in a pu towing a boat waiting for the crews to change for a coal train in Montana.  The potential for his happened more frequently as the trains got longer. Made for a long fishing trip.

You were trying to catch fish not a connecting train in Chicago...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

You were trying to catch fish not a connecting train in Chicago...

The only cars you can catch fish in on a trainer are the tanker cars or maybe the dining car.  Were it me, I would just head to the club car for cocktails and some of those gold fished shaped crackers.

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The only cars you can catch fish in on a trainer are the tanker cars or maybe the dining car.  Were it me, I would just head to the club car for cocktails and some of those gold fished shaped crackers.

That might be your dumbest post ever.  Wait, not really but close.

11 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Okay, Mr, Know It All, were is the best place to catch fish on a train?

OK, I added waiting at a crossing, so your craziness can stop.

" Hell, we've sat in a pu towing a boat waiting at a crossing for the crews to change for a coal train in Montana.  The potential for his happened more frequently as the trains got longer. Made for a long fishing trip. "

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

OK, I added waiting at a crossing, so your craziness can stop.

" Hell, we've sat in a pu towing a boat waiting at a crossing for the crews to change for a coal train in Montana.  The potential for his happened more frequently as the trains got longer. Made for a long fishing trip. "

If the train stopped at a crossing, maybe you could see if there was a pond nearby to put the boat in and fish.  Much better odds in a pond than on a train.

5 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I really do not have time to explain this to an "Aggie".:whistle:

So this couple is out for a drive and see a man sitting in a rowboat with a fishing pole on a hill in the middle of a large pasture.  Nothing in site except for a farmhouse on a hill across the pasture, so they decide to stop at the farmhouse and check.

They knock on the door and a man in overalls and an A&M cap answers the door.  The couple tells the man about the guy in the boat and farmer explains that the man is his Aggie brother and thanks them.  He then walks over to a rowboat beside the farm house and climbs in.  The couple asks him what he is doing, and the tells them he is going to go get his brother.