They moved my wife

Longjohn

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

She was discharged from the hospital and moved to a physical therapy facility one floor down from where she was. She had a private room upstairs, now she is in a room with three beds but she is the only one in the room.

C9E41F8C-61AF-4F96-ACF7-C9079B7F7935.thumb.jpeg.821541e78e61b8cf8a0360326c5bef6a.jpeg

I wonder if Medicare is the reason for the move? Anyhoo she has the same doctor in charge of her care.

Might just be she doesn't need as much medical care as she did at first. Sounds like she's doing much better since she's eating steak fries! :D

Weird that there are three beds.

2 minutes ago, smudge said:

Weird that there are three beds

It is weird, the room is huge. The fifth floor used to be the psyche ward years ago. The beds all look brand new as does the flooring and paint, etc. When I had physical therapy for my broken hip it was part of the hospital and it was on the bottom floor. This is the same hospital I was born in.

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

It is weird, the room is huge. The fifth floor used to be the psyche ward years ago. The beds all look brand new as does the flooring and paint, etc. When I had physical therapy for my broken hip it was part of the hospital and it was on the bottom floor. This is the same hospital I was born in.

Neat! (The part about you being born there....)

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I wonder if Medicare is the reason for the move

Medicare won’t pay for convalescence in a hospital room. If they aren’t treating you medically you have to be discharged.  If you are on Medicare and need therapy they want you in therapy until you are no longer improving or 30 days whichever comes first.  Hospital beds are more expensive than therapy beds.  And the hospital gets scored  on recidivism.

Praying for WoLJ

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

She was discharged from the hospital and moved to a physical therapy facility one floor down from where she was. She had a private room upstairs, now she is in a room with three beds but she is the only one in the room.

C9E41F8C-61AF-4F96-ACF7-C9079B7F7935.thumb.jpeg.821541e78e61b8cf8a0360326c5bef6a.jpeg

I wonder if Medicare is the reason for the move? Anyhoo she has the same doctor in charge of her care.

This is he way they would do things with my dad. Dad’s biggest issue is he wouldn’t continue the therapy when he got home and the cycle would continue. 

• Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

How is the food there?

It’s hospital food. Back when it was a “not for profit” hospital and I was there with my broken hip it was gourmet food served 24/7. Just call room service and tell them what you would like. It used to be better than 90% of the sit down restaurants. The hospital was sold to a for profit system and they changed it to institutional food. I ate her pepper steak they brought her the other night. It was ok, not great.

2 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Stop taking her jello and let her heal up! 
I hope she doing better, and will keep on that path! 

I watched her send back tray after tray of food untouched. She kept telling me I should eat it. She might eat better now that she is ordering her own meals. She refused to order meals in her other room and must gave been given the default menu. They brought her three meals a day and she wasn’t interested in any of them.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I watched her send back tray after tray of food untouched. She kept telling me I should eat it. She might eat better now that she is ordering her own meals. She refused to order meals in her other room and must gave been given the default menu. They brought her three meals a day and she wasn’t interested in any of them.

Was she on pain meds?  Those things can take away someone's appetite.  

I'd take it as positive news they moved her.  Take good care of her.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Was she on pain meds?  Those things can take away someone's appetite.  

I'd take it as positive news they moved her.  Take good care of her.

She lost her appetite two weeks before she was admitted to the hospital. She would eat a little bit of ice cream or drink a glass of chocolate milk. I couldn’t get her to eat. I don’t think she was on pain meds but I’m not sure what they gave her. I brought a zip lock bag of all her meds when we went to the ER. They entered all her meds into the computer and had me take them all back home.

• Heart 1

She has been real weak ever since she started chemo in February but the last few weeks she was in a downward spiral. A week ago I called an ambulance to transport her to the emergency room. They ran some tests and scans and were about to send her to Pittsburgh when I asked what the results were from her urine test. They had not received the results so they ran it again and found a UTI. They said they could handle that without transporting her to Pittsburgh. She has been on IV antibiotics for a week and is doing much better but still too weak to stand. They have her in the physical therapy unit now working to get her strength up. 

I asked them to stop the chemo and they agreed that was a good idea. She has had  six recurrences of cancer in the past 23 years but this has been the hardest one.

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 2