Literally

Digital_photog

I want to kill pretentious assholes that pronounce it “lit-tral-ly”.  No, you soon to be dead fuckers, it is pronounced “lit-er-al-ly”.   Four full fucking syllables. 

I want to kill the effete wanky halfwits who even think that it is ok for other people to pronounce it the wrong way, too.  Fuckers. 

40 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I want to kill pretentious assholes that pronounce it “lit-tral-ly”.  No, you soon to be dead fuckers, it is pronounced “lit-er-al-ly”.   Four full fucking syllables. 

I want to kill the effete wanky halfwits who even think that it is ok for other people to pronounce it the wrong way, too.  Fuckers. 

Sounds like you got out of bed on the wrong side today, literally .

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

So, which one pronounces it correctly?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Literally, I literally hate it that people literally add unnecessary words to a sentence.  It literally drives me literally crazy.

I'm gonna go out on a very long, thin, and likely very brittle limb here and state that you really just hate one unnecessary word.

That reminds me of certain chemistry and physics lab conclusions and exam essays I've graded where my students were required to use a certain minimum number of words.

This was a very, very, very good lab. I learned a really tremendous lot.  We collected just such a great amount of really extra good information. In conclusion, we learned that potassium reacts much, much more quickly and rapidly and completely than sodium with nonmetals.

There are certain words and phrases I don't like when they're added to sentences as adjectives or adverbs.  I like new slang except when it doesn't make sense.  For example, "insane" is used to mean really good, really bad, and really goofy. When something is "insanely priced," I don't know if that means it's too high or very low unless there's a clear context.

I think almost everyone has certain disliked turns of the phrase. My last surviving aunt, who will be 100 in August, gets upset if someone says, "I don't have a clue."