Foil. Just foil.

Randomguy

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Why is one side less/more shiny?

I wondered about that - and what side should be up?

I bought a pizza a couple days back and wrapped the four leftover slices, 2 slices at a time, in aluminum foil so I could simply unwrap them and put the pieces on top of the foil in the oven and reheat them later.

I wondered if I should wrap each pair of leftover slices with the shiny side out or in - touching the pizza.  When I placed the foil on top of the oven rack, I'd have to have the side of the foil that touched the wrapped pizza facing up.  I use an electric heat, toaster oven for reheating pizza (350°, 15 min.) - it's crisper than nuking. The top heating coils are radiating directly down onto the pizza slices, so it's what's facing down that matters. Shiny stuff supposedly reflects better. Will the heating coils on the bottom reflect heat more off the shiny side and not crisp the crust as well as if the duller side is facing down?

So I wrapped the leftover pizza with the shiny side of the aluminum foil facing in and touching the pizza.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, MickinMD said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wondered about that - and what side should be up?

I bought a pizza a couple days back and wrapped the four leftover slices, 2 slices at a time, in aluminum foil so I could simply unwrap them and put the pieces on top of the foil in the oven and reheat them later.

I wondered if I should wrap each pair of leftover slices with the shiny side out or in - touching the pizza.  When I placed the foil on top of the oven rack, I'd have to have the side of the foil that touched the wrapped pizza facing up.  I use an electric heat, toaster oven for reheating pizza (350°, 15 min.) - it's crisper than nuking. The top heating coils are radiating directly down onto the pizza slices, so it's what's facing down that matters. Shiny stuff supposedly reflects better. Will the heating coils on the bottom reflect heat more off the shiny side and not crisp the crust as well as if the duller side is facing down?

So I wrapped the leftover pizza with the shiny side of the aluminum foil facing in and touching the pizza.

The box tells you which side is non stick.  It's sort of guidance like this side up.  For future reference the Reynolds stuff is "Dull side is non stick side" which sort of makes sense when you consider an addative added to the surface of the foil.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Does aluminum foil also keep oot the harmful rays like tinfoil does?

It does, but like aluminium battery cables in cars it is less efficient, getting warmer as the rays get stronger.  That's probably why there is a nonstick side available through modern technology.  What we need next is transparent aluminium so that we can protect ourselves from those thought controlling rays altering our brains that are emitted by that white screen in front of us.  Be vigilant, they are out there.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

23 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

What we need next is transparent aluminium so that we can protect ourselves from those thought controlling rays altering our brains that are emitted by that white screen in front of us.  Be vigilant, they are out there.

I am gross and perverted
I'm obsessed 'n deranged
I have existed for years
But very little has changed
I'm the tool of the Government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you can't look away
I make you think I'm delicious
With the stuff that I say