Can vegans eat probiotics?

Randomguy

I am an expert on this topic because I looked at one website and the answer is "Depends."

The site defines animals as "multicellular."  Based on that, a vegan can enjoy any probiotics consisting solely of single celled microbes.  

What isn't clear from the site is if all non-plant mutlicellular microbes are animals and if any multicellular microbes live in the microbiome.  

6 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

I am an expert on this topic because I looked at one website and the answer is "Depends."

The site defines animals as "multicellular."  Based on that, a vegan can enjoy any probiotics consisting solely of single celled microbes.  

What isn't clear from the site is if all non-plant mutlicellular microbes are animals and if any multicellular microbes live in the microbiome.  

...for the record, there is now a movement (growing) of people who advocate only raising vegetables using non animal waste (manure) production techniques.  So if you're using cow or horse or chicken poop on your garden, that's no longer good enough for these guys.  Has to be rotted vegetation used for soil enrichment....you can't run it through a cow first.

How can vegetarians avoid food grown with animal-origin fertilisers?

As a Breatharian, I no longer have to concern myself with any of this. And no more dirty dishes either.:hapydance:

• Haha 1