Who here uses Teams at work?

Randomguy

It's installed on my computer, but don't think it's completely setup and working.

This entire cloud based shit sucks.  I've turned off as much of it as I can because everyone in the F'ing company doesn't need to know what fucking excel or word file I have opened or have opened.

I used to.  We tended to use brainstorming sessions during the design phase of new systems as folks with different viewpoints could contribute to the overall design.............there's nothing like having an assembler tell you that your new super electronics design looks really great but that no one is going to be able to reach that screw in the corner during assembly.

I'm not sure that you are talking about the same "teams" that I am though.  I'm speaking of forming teams of people for design meetings.

14 minutes ago, BR46 said:

We can't turn left unless Wo46 is in the right position at the right time. 

20190729_162848.jpg.f05b3ffb3fcf6281a05dd8142dca4793.jpg

On right turns the co-driver weighs down the back tire to keep the back tire from breaking loose. 

IMG_7429.thumb.jpg.b67d49f32ab3f6d3691749bcbbb17362.jpg

either position would work for me, assuming of course that wojsharr was involved and not you or wo46

• Heart 1

Just now, maddmaxx said:

Can you work with other people without it or are you helpless.

Luckily, even in 2020, most/all of my interaction can still be done in person/on the phone.  The organization - thousands of folks - pays a lot of moolah to Microsoft, and I think Teams being implemented is the top level folks trying to justify that massive expenditure???

I've used similar software purported to improve connectivity between different people by tracking the minutia of details about various parts of the project which ultimately caused a whole new layer of bodies handling data input and producing reports to management about who was doing what, when and how resulting in fewer people doing the real work while being replaced by more people sitting in cubes and going to meetings where they discussed why projects were late and incomplete and who to chastise for poor performance when in fact it was the concept itself that was flawed as management attempted to implement crap learned in business school classrooms instead of listening to those who were good at doing the job.

One sentence.......just as screwed up as the concept.

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I have Teams installed on my laptop, but that's as far as it goes.

Am I missing a great experience by not using it?

The cool feature I noticed when they were doing the demo was that two people could edit the same document at the same time.  It was an impressive feature that can be both supper useful as well as start brawls.

We have it in our organization but many of us don't use and prefer to use Skype.  Group video conferencing is a bit of a pain for initial set-up but I have been in large group Skype conferences...I mean a presenter, 20 people in room and 35 people remoting in.  We do have some good technology meeting rms. for a better experience but that's probably not the norm across our organization.  And we have a ton of meeting rms. of different technology ages which are used.