Cook County

Prophet Zacharia

This is in the area I used to work in and passed this way a few time per day. I remember when they shuttered it and moved the last of operations to the new buildings. Its amazing how fast a building decays when they turn off the heat and utilities. Then the vandals find a way in and its over. And this is in a bustling medical campus with new building going up every year, not a run down neighborhood. A quick google street view shows they're finally starting to rehab it for office space. Sad they let it decay beforehand.  

22 minutes ago, team scooter said:

This is in the area I used to work in and passed this way a few time per day. I remember when they shuttered it and moved the last of operations to the new buildings. Its amazing how fast a building decays when they turn off the heat and utilities. Then the vandals find a way in and its over. And this is in a bustling medical campus with new building going up every year, not a run down neighborhood. A quick google street view shows they're finally starting to rehab it for office space. Sad they let it decay beforehand.  

In high school, we used to go to the old abandoned state hospital in NE Philadelphia. Huge campus, old decaying buildings from the 1850’s. Often with large holes in the ceilings and floors. So spooky the Philadelphia Cops didn’t go back in there too often.

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Little known fact: parody threads are an excellent projective test.

While visiting family a few years back, they took us to explore Concrete City in Nanticoke Pa in the middle of the night. Before I learned the history of the place, a whole city made exclusively of cement with stairways that led to dead ends seemed creepy as heck. Kinda still does. While I don't believe in ghosts, I believe different places give off different vibes. This one did.:runcirclsmiley: