I want KT to serve me some coffee

Dirtyhip

I'd gladly make you (and K) some coffee. Will you be road tripping up here anytime soon? :D

A few tips:

1. Get coffee from a local roaster so that it's fresh roasted. Most stuff in grocery store is really old (like months). General rule of thumb is that you should try to make coffee within 2 weeks of it being roasted. Our local grocery store just started carrying a local coffee shop's coffee though, so it maaaay be possible to get good beans from the grocery store.

2. If you use French Press (same as I do for my daily coffee), you typically want a coarser grind size. If you buy pre-ground coffee, it's typically ground for drip (medium grind) or espresso (fine grind). Neither of those are best for French Press. If you grind your own, then set grinder to the coarsest setting. Otherwise, try to get it ground coarser.

3. Make sure your water is the right temp. "Just under boiling" is the rule of thumb. Usually, most people will boil water, then let it set for about a minute or so before using.

Part of the problem is that I am cheap.  Local coffee was pretty expensive last time I checked.

Thanks for the tips.

I would love to come for a visit.  So many places...so little time.  We should plan a trip and meet at Whistler bike park. 

Part of the problem is that I am cheap.  Local coffee was pretty expensive last time I checked.

Thanks for the tips.

I would love to come for a visit.  So many places...so little time.  We should plan a trip and meet at Whistler bike park. 

Or the San Juans....I could bring my kayaks and my wife and I could take you and K kayaking. :D

Check the grocery stores. They may actually carry some decent coffees. They never used to, but high end coffee is becoming more and more of a market, so it seems they are starting to infiltrate the grocery stores. Do you have a Whole Foods in your area? They usually carry some nice fresh roasted coffee beans in their bulk bins.

Check the grocery stores. They may actually carry some decent coffees. They never used to, but high end coffee is becoming more and more of a market, so it seems they are starting to infiltrate the grocery stores. Do you have a Whole Foods in your area? They usually carry some nice fresh roasted coffee beans in their bulk bins.

They barely allow me to live in this town.  Things like Whole Foods are non-existent.