Godspeed Mr. Peart

jsharr

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I am very sad.  Rush, will never be, again.  I knew there was little hope, now there is none. 

Unlike most people on the planet, you had the privilege of meeting and interacting with him.  Cherish those memories.

Many bands will never be matched again, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Rush...

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Unlike most people on the planet, you had the privilege of meeting and interacting with him.  Cherish those memories.

Many bands will never be matched again, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Rush...

Yes, it was far and away, the best 6 months of my working life.  

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, dennis said:

I've been working my way through Ghost Rider for a while now. He was a great writer in addition to his drumming and music skills.

I saw them on the Signals tour in the 80s. Great show.

Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road - Wikipedia

I was not a huge Rush fan, but listening to the radio on the way to the office and I heard about him losing his daughter to a car accident and his wife to illness within a year.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I was not a huge Rush fan,

Me neither, but there were quite a few of their songs I really like.  Definitely a really great band, but I just missed the window of liking them in their prime (early 80s????).  Folks who loved them REALLY loved them. Probably some of the biggest fans in rock and roll. 

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I was not a huge Rush fan, but listening to the radio on the way to the office and I heard about him losing his daughter to a car accident and his wife to illness within a year.

That is what Ghost Rider is about. It's a tough read. The man was very intelligent. I believe he wrote the lyrics for Rush and at least four books.

I've been a fan since Moving Pictures when I was a teenager. I like their earlier stuff too. They were amazing live. Truly great to watch.

Reading the book, you realize how down to earth he was. Wilbur was so fortunate to be able to get to spend some time with the band and get to know them.

• Heart 1