So I have to finger oot why the del sol’s hood won’t open

Ralphie

You're getting off easy with vise grips. ;)

If the roof mechanism on the RF fails, I'll need to dig out the separate 12 page instruction booklet (not exaggerating) on manually closing the hard top. I'll need some kind of a wire thingy, an adapter, two hex wrenches, two ropes (all provided) and a second person (not included). Sadly, its not something I would feel hopeful that AAA would know how to fix. :frantics:

top.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

It might just be stuck.

The lever is pulled and the cable is loose or actually just has some slack, but the hood is locked tight.  My Fonzie bump is snot working. :(

I had read on the Interwebz that sometimes the lever breaks, but mine is snot broken.  I have always had to push the mechanism back to get the hood to latch closed because the spring was too weak to do that, but getting stuck in that position led to the hood being loose, not shut tight.

Wilbur said it best, the 21st century has failed me. :D  Although technically, the car is from the 20th century. :D

1st internet advice.......use a screwdriver slipped in under the front of the hood to push the latch open.  Folks say it takes several tries and some patience but it works.

just follow your hood latch cable and you'll see the "hook" that it is connected to on the latch. Then place the screwdriver in such a way that you will move it the same direction as the cable normally would. Bingo!

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

1st internet advice.......use a screwdriver slipped in under the front of the hood to push the latch open.  Folks say it takes several tries and some patience but it works.

just follow your hood latch cable and you'll see the "hook" that it is connected to on the latch. Then place the screwdriver in such a way that you will move it the same direction as the cable normally would. Bingo!

It will take some real flexibility to get my hands up there from underneath.  The hood goes flush against the plastic bumper cover, so really no place to get a skwoodwivah in there from ootside.