The Seahawks will win tonight.

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

They, like the Ravens, will be sending players to the Pro Bowl - the week before the Super Bowl.

The Ravens had an all-time record 12 players named to the Pro Bowl. The Titans, who knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs Saturday, have 2 players in the Pro Bowl.

12 hours ago, Dottie said:

They almost pulled it out.  We have too many injuries and even then I'm not sure things would have been different.  Congratulations @smudge and Green Bay. If anything, Seattle has been very interesting to watch.  Total drama.  Total rollercoaster.

Nice excuses :D  I used those last week!

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I had honestly forgotten that the National Championship game was tonight. Too long a layoff leads to lack of interest. I’ll assume it won’t start before 9 pm EDT to make it that much more impossible to watch.

I thought it would have been this last Saturday (11th), and the NFL could have done Sunday for four games or Sun/Mon.  I "get" the need for a week off, I guess, but it does make the whole Bowl Season a bit discombobulated.  I'd prefer College FB to be wrapped up on New Year's Day, but I like the playoff system.

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I thought it would have been this last Saturday (11th), and the NFL could have done Sunday for four games or Sun/Mon.  I "get" the need for a week off, I guess, but it does make the whole Bowl Season a bit discombobulated.  I'd prefer College FB to be wrapped up on New Year's Day, but I like the playoff system.

They should have played it Friday 1/10. 9 days after the NYD bowls.

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Friday at 8 pm is a better time than Monday at any time.

I will say, of all the NFL tickets I get offered through the years, it is by far the MNF games that season ticket holders will offer me most often.  No one really wants to go to a MNF game, and rarely do I see the end of a MNF game when watching at home.  Monday night does suck for football (as does Sun or Sat or Fri night). I can guarantee I will not stay up until midnight tonight.

11 minutes ago, Ltdskilz said:

Before I forget, I would personally like to thank the Houston Texans for hosting a track meet for the Chiefs yesterday afternoon. It was a beautiful day for a lot of long sprinting.

I turned it on just at the point where the Chiefs took the lead. I thought, "Great! A close game. This will be fun."  Then they mentioned the comeback and then the TDs kept coming.

33 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I turned it on just at the point where the Chiefs took the lead. I thought, "Great! A close game. This will be fun."  Then they mentioned the comeback and then the TDs kept coming.

I turned it on just before the Texans tried a fake punt while winning 24-7. They were stopped, and the tide turned.

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I turned it on just before the Texans tried a fake punt while winning 24-7. They were stopped, and the tide turned.

Yep. I think that good field position allowed the Chiefs to score in 1:35 rather than the 1:55 it took them to go 90 yards. It was embarrassing. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Ltdskilz said:

Yep. I think that good field position allowed the Chiefs to score in 1:35 rather than the 1:55 it took them to go 90 yards. It was embarrassing. 

Lol, maybe. But as it happened, they had a short field, scored quickly, then recovered a fumble on the ensuing kickoff. They regained their confidence very quickly at that point.

10 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Lol, maybe. But as it happened, they had a short field, scored quickly, then recovered a fumble on the ensuing kickoff. They regained their confidence very quickly at that point.

That botched kickoff was a doozy. The Chiefs guy who had the ball float into his hands was too stunned to start running.