Bikeman..are you ready to go back to work?

petitepedal

8 hours ago, Longjohn said:

When I broke my clavicle and scapula my surgeon said I would be back biking long before I was able to go back to work. I love my doctor.

For me its the same, 12 weeks. However when the PA filled oot my disability paperwork, she put 12 weeks from the day I went home, not the operation. So I will bike one week before going to work.

I feel good :) If I had to go back after the first, I could have. Although I'm sleeping much better now and sleeping in, so the rest feels nice.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

For me its the same, 12 weeks. However when the PA filled oot my disability paperwork, she put 12 weeks from the day I went home, not the operation. So I will bike one week before going to work.

I feel good :) If I had to go back after the first, I could have. Although I'm sleeping much better now and sleeping in, so the rest feels nice.

During the time between cycling and going back to work I spent a week cycling in Virginia. Everywhere I rode I saw deer taunting me. I could just imagine if just before I was able to go back to work I hit another deer and had to start over.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

How much pain did you experience?  I may have lung biopsies/surgeries in my future.  Not looking forward to that.  Glad your recovery is going well.

5 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

How much pain did you experience?  I may have lung biopsies/surgeries in my future.  Not looking forward to that.  Glad your recovery is going well.

Thank you.  The pain was a lot. I'd rank the peak at 8/10. But it was from the incision which was several inches. The pain felt like a muscle pull, because they cut through everything. The Norco helped tremendously. I felt much better after aboot 3-4 weeks once it started to heal. The broken rib (from the surgery) was hardly an inconvenience. In the hospital I had an epidural, which is common for thoracic surgery. Now I only have numbness along the incision which is like "who cares"?. Lot of of lung operations can be performed w/ minimally invasive procedures however my tumor was too large for this, and they had to open me up because to cut it oot of a bronchial tube and splice it all back together, and remove the upper right lobe.  My recovery went very well and quick, but I owe a lot of that to being of middle age and someone who is athletically fit from an endurance sport for over 30 years. I hope all goes well with you. Side note, I had 3 bronchoscopies, where they went thru my mouth into my lungs. If the biopsies can be taken from inside the lung, this is an out patient procedure that lasts minutes.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2