Claire's whoo was inappropriate

AirwickWithCheese

I remember being up for a significant promotion midway through my career.  It was between me and another guy who was obviously less qualified than I was.  :)

In spite of my superior qualifications and my stunning good looks, the other guy got the promotion.  :(

My failure could not be easily explained away by racism or sexism.  I had to accept the possibility that I, alone, was somehow at fault.  In the long run, being passed over was probably for the best.  It forced me to reassess my shortcomings and try to improve my work methods and my interoffice relationships.

It didn't help much.  Once an asshole, always an asshole.  But at least, I eventually managed to find inner peace with it.  :)     

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

The pantsuit wasn't flattering and carrying your cellphone into the meeting was disqualifying on its own. 

I always say, "Never make decisions on merit, but rather on superficial nonsense!"

It's essentially how I became the huge success I am!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Who in the heck is Clare (correct spelling) and why should I care?

Some loser who knew her shit and would have outshone all the winners in the office that didn't want her!  Never hire a person who will outshine you!

But you should care. You probably hire those damn "shiny" folks.

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Some loser who knew her shit and would have outshone all the winners in the office that didn't want her!  Never hire a person who will outshine you!

But you should care. You probably hire those damn "shiny" folks.

I surround myself with great people - so I don't have to be.

• Heart 1