Fat Pursuit

dinneR

SWEET! I think 40 miles - when not racing - is the right distance.

Is the knee a new issue or just acting up?

***edit - as an aside, that's the one worry I have about fat bikes - the Q factor.  I think they are wrapping their heads around adapting their designs and using 1x set ups, but it scares me a little to go any wider than my current set up on a road bike.

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

SWEET! I think 40 miles - when not racing - is the right distance.

Is the knee a new issue or just acting up?

***edit - as an aside, that's the one worry I have about fat bikes - the Q factor.  I think they are wrapping their heads around adapting their designs and using 1x set ups, but it scares me a little to go any wider than my current set up on a road bike.

It first became an issue 9 years ago. It took some physical therapy to bring it back to good. I wasn't interested in that again, ski season is booming here.

It's really only an issue doing rides longer than 4 hours. Anything less is okay. Otso, Rocky Mountain, and Cannondale now make fatbikes with a mt bike Q-factor. I might invest in one. I've been hoping Salsa would jump in, but they have not yet. The Cannondale is reasonably priced. Rocky Mountain dropped their more budget oriented options. Otso is possibly the sweetest fatbike on the market, but they start at $3400.

14 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Impressive.  Looks nipply

It was 15F, so perfect temp for fatbiking. I was warm, got a little too warm and should have shed my hat, gloves, and jacket sooner.

40 miles was a fun distance. Lots of great riding and home for dinner.

• Awesome 1