What Do You Think I Contracted Yesterday?

Razors Edge

On our visit with friends, we went by a local goat farm where they make a lot of goat cheeses.  Anyway, the goats are just out and about in various fields doing whatever it is that goats do.  Folks are free to pet the goats, so I was giving one goat a scratch on his (her?) forehead, ears, and the front of its nose.  At various times, the other goats waiting in line at the fence for pets would poke their heads out and try to munch on my clothing, and one time, one even started nibbling on my thumb.  It was a very soft nibbling, but I had forgotten that I skinned my thumb's knuckle the day before.  

What are the odds the goat saliva will give me some sort of super-human goat powers?  I wouldn't mind being able to hop really high and balance on sharply angled surfaces.

Enlight9.thumb.jpeg.2a40092327e1ab6cff0330585d41bc52.jpeg

My brother-in-law and I were wondering the same thing - but with a different animal.

Yesterday, we tried to find out why the tire on my car that we plugged two weeks ago was still slowly leaking - turned out to be a 2nd, two-year old plug was leaking.

But, as we popped the hub cap off, a semi-dried, brown, dead mouse was inside the hub cap.  We both touched it with our fingers before kicking it into the grass.  Strange thing is, this is the first year of the 2000's when I haven't had mice in my house during the Fall and Winter.

My sister still thinks I was serious when I said I have a 2 foot-long garter snake in the house (I caught one in the house a few years back) that I allow to roam around freely and kill the mice.