Twice In One Month!

Razors Edge

About a month ago, one of my laptops was having issues with its WiFi, and I was able to crack open an older laptop, grab the wifi card out of it and swap it into the other one. Fixed and no issues.  About a week ago, my main laptop started being flaky and requiring me to drop and reconnect to my router several time over a day.  Eventually it was several times an hour.  A reconnect always worked, but that was excessive.  Since this is my  main laptop, I just went on Amazon (sorry bikeman) and ordered a new and slightly better card for next day delivery.  Got it, scraped the hell out of my thumb's knuckle while opening the laptop (Torx head???? Really?), and swapped it out. B-O-O-M! Fixed and no fuss (and not even a reboot required). 

My internet connection drops a couple times a day for about 5-10 minutes.  But it's the DSL connection on my neighborhood's aging and failing copper wires. I get fiberoptic cable and FIOS internet/phone and maybe TV on Jan. 31.  I guess I'll also have to get a VPN connection service in case I want to download certain movies - my DSL is slow but non monitored by anyone.