Attention Astros

Rattlecan

7 hours ago, Mr. Silly said:

Good on the owner to fire the GM and Manager. 

He kind of had to. IMO penalty was too light

at a minimum I each Astro player would get 1 minute in the garbage can.  The Astros would bang on the garbage can to relay signals to the hitter. Every Dodger would get 1 minute batting practice on the 'stro in the can. Pitchers would be PvP dodgeball from 20'. The little mushy softballs. No crotch shots & no head shots. Pitching arm OK

• Heart 1

Stealing the catcher's signals is the ultimate no-no in baseball.

Stealing the 3rd base coaches signals is a time-honored tradition.

The high school softball girls I coached who were sitting on the bench had the indicator and the bunt signs figured out by the 5th inning in most games.

The coaches signals generally come with two signs: an indicator followed by a sign to bunt along the 3rd base, etc.

The first sign might be a tug on the baseball cap and the bunt sign might be running your left hand down your right arm.  If the tug on the cap doesn't happen first, the hand/arm stuff means nothing - but would be done anyway to confuse the other team's sign stealers.

I think the players got off easy.  They were the ones who cheated and they were the ones who reaped financial gain from their cheating.  Guys like Yu Darvish and Clayton Kershaw had their careers tarnished by the cheating.

The difference between home & away stats for many of the Astros players during the playoffs & WS was huge.  Yeah the cheating helped.

• Heart 1