What Happened In Super Jeopardy?

Razors Edge

Each night they play two games and the contestant with the highest combined score is awarded a "win".  A contestant needs 3 wins to be the champion.  Right now one person has two wins, and someone else has one.  They play again tonight, so it's the first night that someone could potentially win the overall tournament.  But if either of the guys who don't currently have two wins is the highest total of the night, they'll keep playing.  I won't spoil how many wins each person has in case someone hasn't caught up yet.

6 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Each night they play two games and the contestant with the highest combined score is awarded a "win".  A contestant needs 3 wins to be the champion.  Right now one person has two wins, and someone else has one.  They play again tonight, so it's the first night that someone could potentially win the overall tournament.  But if either of the guys who don't currently have two wins is the highest total of the night, they'll keep playing.  I won't spoil how many wins each person has in case someone hasn't caught up yet.

How many nights has this been going on????? Shouldn't there be FIVE (Mon-Fri) or even SIX (M-F+M) wins divvied up by now???

22 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Ken was unstoppable, although I gasped when James missed last night's Final Jeopardy.  Even I had correctly guessed Iago.  Only because he appears in my crosswords all the time, of course.  Still, I was amazed he missed and lost everything on that answer.

Did you feel that when Ken got on a roll he got into James' head and James then tried too hard?

I was rooting for James (just because) but it felt right that Ken won.  

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Did you feel that when Ken got on a roll he got into James' head and James then tried too hard?

Yep.  I think James panicked a bit and started answering when he wasn't sure.  I never saw him miss as much as he did against Ken.  Missed answers hurt him a lot on a few occasions.

That being said, Ken proved he is the GOAT.  With a little luck, James could have fared better, but Ken proved he is the best.  Some of the crap he knows just blows me away.

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I do think the money awarded should have rewarded the second place above third.  Maybe 500K versus 250K.  

That's how it's done on other Championship series they do, right?  The semifinalists that fail to make the finals rounds all get the same amount then right?