Not Paypal

Airehead

1 minute ago, Further said:

I always preferred cash for casual labor type transactions

me too- but they seem to want electronic money

I could nto understand what she was saying when she kept giving me the name.  Maybe if I had these fancy new hearing aids I could have but after asking her three times last week, I did not want to ask again.  I'll research it,

• Heart 1

I haven't used it, but it was all the rage with the kids who'd venmo money to split a bill at a restaurant.. Investopedia has a comparison between Venmo and Paypal  Nerdwallet also has an overview of Venmo

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/072815/paypal-vs-venmo-function-versus-fun.asp

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/banking/what-is-venmo/

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Airehead said:

All this talk of money.  Our cleaning person used to want to be paid via Paypal.  Now wants to be paid by something I swear si called VINO???  Any ideas? Any advice?

I’ve used it when selling hockey tickets. I use Zelle all the time. Very convenient, you don’t have to remember to go the the ATM.

My cleaning lady always just got her Vino when I wasn't watching from whatever bottles I had previously uncorked 

She probably meant Venmo.  Get used to it, the apps are a great way to move money around.  I prefer Square's Ca$h, it's the most download payment app now.  I use it to send and receive cash, and to pay by phone instead of a debit card.

8 hours ago, Old#7 said:

It’s not cheating, it’s Accounting. Rule #1: cash is not recognized as income. 

All the extra nonsense around handling it should account for something, so this rule is a GREAT idea!

But I generally use Zelle (in my BoA app) or Venmo (regular app on my phone) to shoot folks money.

8 hours ago, MickinMD said:

My brother-in-law does small motor repair on the side and one customer recently asked him, "Do you have a PayPal account?"  She paid him through PayPal instantly.  He was surprised they could do that.

Per the link above, here is the difference. "Venmo's website even explicitly states that the service is “designed for payments between friends and people who trust each other.” " That is a huge difference.  PayPal does allow money transfer between friends for free, however, if it is a payment to a business, there is a small percentage deducted from the transaction on the receiving side about the same as a credit card transaction. If anyone has sold anything on Ebay, they have seen it where both Ebay and PayPal take their cut. Same could apply with your BIL depending upon how paid. 

With my photography business, preferred payment is check and I haven't set up a Square card reader account to accept credit cards. For those that want to pay by credit card, I accept via PayPal (where they can set it up to pull from that card rather than their bank - and I don't care where it comes from) but ask them to transfer to my account as a "friend" rather than a business transaction as my PayPal is based on a personal email rather than my business. I guess with Venmo I wouldn't have to make that distinction. I did have one client state "We will have to get you set up with (forgot the name)" which probably had similar features but they were not a regular and I just blew it off. PayPal is tried and true where the "latest/greatest" come and go. And no, I don't accept cybercurrency.  

• Heart 1