What should I do to prevent cabin fever during the upcoming storm?

petitepedal

Just now, petitepedal said:

Other than cook that is :whistle:

I have a 1000 piece ravensburger puzzle :wacko:  Oh...I could clean my den :(

If I clean my den...I could ride my bike :speedy:   OH  Yoga...I can do yoga!!

Your suggestions appreciated

All of the above. If that doesn’t work, go outside; -8 degrees with bone chilling wind will cure that cabin fever. Good luck! Remember that we are towing a trailer from VA to OH Friday night and returning Sunday. ( I hope)

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

All of the above. If that doesn’t work, go outside; -8 degrees with bone chilling wind will cure that cabin fever. Good luck! Remember that we are towing a trailer from VA to OH Friday night and returning Sunday. ( I hope)

Well, at least with the cooler temperatures, you will not have to worry about the truck overheating.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Snowshoeing, cross country skiing, or you can come down and hang out with us and eat ice cream samiches at the vintage snowmo show this weekend. We're supposed to be getting 6 inches of snow with temps in the 30s. 

I'll bring the trail groomer, xc skis, snowshoes, fat bike sleds and dogs.  I have enough to loan to many of you.  you bring the beer and we will have an all weekend party.

• Heart 4

27 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

The puzzle sounds relaxing. But snowshoeing would also be fun. 

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

I'll bring the trail groomer, xc skis, snowshoes, fat bike sleds and dogs.  I have enough to loan to many of you.  you bring the beer and we will have an all weekend party.

We tried to find nearby reservations in Landolakes Wi for the Three Bears sled dog races, but decided to go up Valentines weekend instead.

https://events.bytepro.net/3Bear2020.

The place we stay is also where many of the sled teams stay too. It has trails though the woods and out to the lake. I'll buy the beer there if your dogs agree not to eat my dog... ;)

3 minutes ago, team scooter said:

We tried to find nearby reservations in Landolakes Wi for the Three Bears sled dog races, but decided to go up Valentines weekend instead.

https://events.bytepro.net/3Bear2020.

The place we stay is also where many of the sled teams stay too. It has trails though the woods and out to the lake. I'll buy the beer there if your dogs agree not to eat my dog... ;)

I considered doing the 6 dog pro but decided to stay with my normal trip to  a 3000 acre wilderness area instead.  Valentines weekend I will be in Marquette, MI for the UP200

• Heart 1

I'm thinking you come up with an excuse to get your trainer to drop by just as the storm starts to settle in. He'll have no choice but to wait out the storm in your cozy place where you can amaze him with warm tea, tasty vittles, witty conversation, and other activities that will pass the time quickly :whistle:

• Confused 1

If you are house bound by the weather, get a steam account and learn how to play some complex strategy game online........no, not the shootumups, those are for anger management.

During the heart of the winter I tend to become addicted to Civilization V (the last of the very playable thinking games before they boosted it up to the super graphics like the online phone wars)

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Exercise bike, fires, video games, surfing, book reading, perusing online single sites, bake a cake and eat a slice and give it to your neighbor, take a nap, and/or post drivel here.

Shoveling, snow blowing, more shoveling, car window scraping, and lots & lots of finger & toe thawing. 

That stuff should pass the time quickly!  Perhaps some ice dam clearing, too? That's always fun as is icicle breaking (with snowballs if possible).  I'd suggest sledding or skiing, but you'll be too exhausted for recreational fun :D

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Shoveling, snow blowing, more shoveling, car window scraping, and lots & lots of finger & toe thawing. 

That stuff should pass the time quickly!  Perhaps some ice dam clearing, too? That's always fun as is icicle breaking (with snowballs if possible).  I'd suggest sledding or skiing, but you'll be too exhausted for recreational fun :D

Crap! We forgot ice cream bars.

17 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

You need a bottle lamb, like the one that is snuggling with my foot.  She had her bottle, and now she is happy to nap.

First lambs should be coming early February.  I hope the ewes take care of them. We have several old baby play pens that have been used for calves and goats.  Will we need them for lambs now?

6 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

First lambs should be coming early February.  I hope the ewes take care of them. We have several old baby play pens that have been used for calves and goats.  Will we need them for lambs now?

All the rest are doing fine with the moms, but this one seemed a bit less able to keep up.  With temperatures dropping to -15F, it seemed best to bring her in after 2 days for a little extra nourishment and warmth. It has worked out well.  We'll be transferring her to another home in a few days, but for now she is no problem, as we feed her on the same time interval that we check for new lambs. We always have a few bottle lambs, due to multiple births, young ewes, etc. and have sold all to a friend for the last few years. Good luck with your lambing, and I hope the weather and animals cooperate.

4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

20191124_143927.thumb.jpg.b3f5119d4e9c7724616f61673d2f0a2b.jpg

:wacko:  Oh...I could clean my den :(

With a 

If I clean my den...I could

OH  Yoga...I can do yoga!!

9 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Ravensburger?  Is that a crab cake?

We're getting snow Saturday, though forecast for just an inch or two.

I bought a bunch of see-through plastic bins and am organizing stuff.  I've got more kitchen stuff than I have storage room, so I bought two 6' tall self-assembly wooden cabinets with doors.  By the end of the weekend, my kitchen is going to look neat and cleaned.

I also have meds in a few different places that are going into one main storage box, plus a shoebox-sized box for my mess of diabetic/blood pressure/docs want me to take it crap.

• Heart 1

So...I probably will be snowblowing...the Condo's old snowblower is out of commission and we are getting a new one tomorrow...Since the maintenance guy only works til about 11....and the rest of the board : 1 lives elsewhere, 1 is 85, 3 are retired women at least 2 with no earthly idea how to use a snowblower..1 person is in Europe, 1 is from Central America...and a lawyer...I am not sure he could cope...and the last member is the former board pres...he has had a lung transplant and can't do this kinda thing!! That pretty much leaves me...plow folks will do the plow thing but we need to keep the main sidewalk clear!