Started TP Today

Indy

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

What did you use to wipe your ass before your started TP?  BTW, it is okay to just flush it.  No need to wash it off and hang it up to dry.

You don't wipe with that crap.  You use strong, but cheap single ply to TP properly.  You know, the sandpaper level stuff.

Do I have to teach you everything?  Maybe we should turn it into a Boy Scouts project.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

BTW, it is okay to just flush it.  No need to wash it off and hang it up to dry.

Ah, so the new year brought a new policy down there in Texas!  Sweet!  If we can get Oklahoma to follow suit, we might achieve all 50 states by 2025 (Kentucky and Alabama may take awhile)!

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Ah, so the new year brought a new policy down there in Texas!  Sweet!  If we can get Oklahoma to follow suit, we might achieve all 50 states by 2025 (Kentucky and Alabama may take awhile)!

A good portion of Alabama and Kentucky still use outhouses.  So the concept of flushing to them is currently foreign, so they might be more up for this than you think.

Well, I saw a real Teepee being erected by the Cheyenne.

It was 1991 and my dad and I were checking out Bear Butte, a sacred spot in the Black Hills of South Dakota where the Great Spirit is said to have given the four commandments to the Sioux and Cheyenne. Signs warn that people may be praying and not to disturb them - they may be doing multiple small skin cuts to stimulate a vision, etc. When you walk the path toward the top of the mini-mountain, you see strips of cloth on tree branches at various places, marking where someone is praying.

As we drove to parking lot at the base of the State Park's hill, we saw and open area and teepees were being put up. They were Cheyenne-style (about twice as high as wide at the base) and I asked dad - his passenger-side window was closest to the activity, "Are those Indians putting up those teepees?"

He replied "No," but when the winding road move us close to the campsite, I saw they were indeed Cheyenne (or another tribe with a Cheyenne teepee) and said, "They are Indians, Dad!"

He replied, "I didn't think they were because they're wearing regular clothes."

Dad had last seen American Indians in 1942, when he was training in artillery at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, when Indians mostly dressed like Indians!