Dottie's thread about dreading Monday reminded me of the thing I miss about LF

Mr. Silly

Just now, Mr. Silly said:

Many people have a long weekend to recognize MLK day.  One of my favorite things to do on LF was to revive Buggy10's thread about dreading long weekends.  

Sadly, it was never transferred here.

And SW doesn't know how to get in touch with her?  She's practically his neighbor!

• Haha 2

Just now, Razors Edge said:

And SW doesn't know how to get in touch with her?  She's practically his neighbor!

Who?

I begged for their database.  They never responded.  We could have imported everything, I contacted the software company, they said all they needed was a release form.  Their mod, I forget who, even tried to help.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Who?

I begged for their database.  They never responded.  We could have imported everything, I contacted the software company, they said all they needed was a release form.  Their mod, I forget who, even tried to help.

Buggie was a Boston burbs "cyclist" who was scared of the roads and paths where she lived, but even more afraid of the roads and paths where she didn't live. She was a hottie, though, so we kept her around.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Buggie was a Boston burbs "cyclist" who was scared of the roads and paths where she lived, but even more afraid of the roads and paths where she didn't live. She was a hottie, though, so we kept her around.

Just now, Mr. Silly said:

Her user name was Buggy10.  She was a nut.  Everything she posted turned into an epic clusterfuck.  I don't know how she kept up too because she was more verbose than Mick. 

She'd complain about how hard it is to climb hill.  Someone would respond that perhaps she should consider downshifting.  She'd respond with a 5 paragraph thesis explaining how she can't shift gears while riding because she was afraid to fall off her bike.  All her discussions were glorious this way.

I'm in love.

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I don’t recall any photographic proof of this claim. All I remember is that she wasn’t able to change a flat and was terrified of everything. And I did a parody thread of dredging the long weekend, which was topical due to the oil spillage in the gulf, which had me thinking she was in Louisiana, not MA, but that was probably my own misremembering.

1 minute ago, Mr. Silly said:

She was afraid to ride past expressway entrance ramps because she was afraid she'd end up on the expressway.

One morning on a ride in to work I started riding down Storrow Drive by mistake.  It took a little bit to figure that out, and it was really hard to get off.

For those that know the area, you'll know it was likely a little scary.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t recall any photographic proof of this claim. All I remember is that she wasn’t able to change a flat and was terrified of everything. And I did a parody thread of dredging the long weekend, which was topical due to the oil spillage in the gulf, which had me thinking she was in Louisiana, not MA, but that was probably my own misremembering.

One of her rants was about not being able to ride in her neighborhood because she didn't feel safe. That spiraled into the usual nonsense, but it was some burb in Boston near where my cousin lives.  It was but one gem among all her other gems.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

One of her rants was about not being able to ride in her neighborhood because she didn't feel safe. That spiraled into the usual nonsense, but it was some burb in Boston near where my cousin lives.  It was but one gem among all her other gems.

No, I mean the proof she was a hottie.

i thought we “kept her around” because she kept posting on her own, and we just replied.

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

No, I mean the proof she was a hottie.

i thought we “kept her around” because she kept posting on her own, and we just replied.

Oh, I just made that shit up!  Wishful thinking?  But, in her defense, a gal on a bike (even frightened out of her mind) is off to a good start, and likely potentially very high on that Mendoza scale.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Over at chess.com we have a few players who we try to keep around, especially this French player who I don't know if she's really as good as her Class-A rating or if opponents just can't bring themselves to beat her:

173868391_EmmaPicotcroppedhotFrenchchess.complayer.JPG.20ef34417eabf9e6c75928456e85fdc5.JPG

8 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

She started in MA, but got stuck on an expressway and ended up in Louisiana. :nodhead:

• Sad 1