Too Old For Coffee?????

Razors Edge

I think sometimes doctors scare old people away from coffee. They tell them to switch to why-bother (my word for de-caf) and they just can’t do it so they drink tea. I switched to why-bother but since I was taking my BP three times a day I saw that the caffeine wasn’t really affecting my blood pressure anyway. It seemed stress and lack of aerobic exercise had more to do with it.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I switched to why bother when my 4-5 cups a day were making my hands jittery. It is snice not to be addicted to caffeine now. Although they do make decaf with harsh chemicals so there is that. No free lunch. :(

When I was working and performing the micro work on prototype ckt boards it was necessary to have enough coffee to become just a bit jittery.  I liken it to the "dither" necessary in hydraulic control valves to prevent "sticktion".  This was probably because working under the microscope required very small movements of the fingers while the heel of the hand was actually resting on the work surface to prevent hand wobbling instead of just finger movement.

Or..........that's all a load and it was purely psychological.

Related imageRelated image

• Awesome 1
  • Envious 1