I'm going t steal a kitten!

SuzieQ

Ok, I now have three kittens under my bed..... how the hell did I get myself into this??  These little things were living outside about 300ft from a busy road.  We took all four kittens, my friend who roped me into this is adopting one, I am fostering one for a friend who is leaving for an overseas trip, my daughter and her boyfriend are taking one, that means there is one left..... I hope to find a home, but couldn't bare to leave it.

I currently have three kittens and three dogs in my 1 bedroom apartment :0  (I'm dogsitting)

Nixie is so scared of them....she looks so forlorn.  I'm trying to find someone else to foster them.

Our puppy does not know what to think of our cat.. Since we brought Kray home, the cat has lived in the basement. When Kray sticks her head through the cat door, she gets a good face sacking! 

SQ, make a little nighttime room (or daytime too) for them in the bathroom. Give them a couple blankets or an old dog bed to sleep on, food and water dishes, and a litter box. Then close the door. They need to get used to being indoors, and learning to poop in the right place is an important thing to learn.... for you AND them!

We put our cat in the bathroom with all the above at night for the first 2 weeks she was at our home. I like to think it helped our other cat get used to having a new cat around; but this new one is so bossy, he's still a little nervous around her!  Anyway she was fine; these youngsters will be fine with that set-up too.

Good luck!

so the update is..... one of my yoga students has fostered kittens for years and her kids 11 and 14, have been bugging her that they need foster kitties again, so she has taken them off my hands..... i kinda miss them though :unhappy: but Nixie does not!  Today I put them in the bathroom with the litter box and they used it..... yay!!  although they still managed to get poop on the walls :huh:   The little girl allowed me to sneak in a little touch here and there, the boy much more friendly.  Anyway, I think their new foster home will be good, they will have someone who understands kitties, be exposed to other cats, a brave dog, two kids, two adults, visitors.... the should be well socialized! 

• Heart 3