Isn't it time for Max or Sheep to jump online and keep me entertained?

Dottleshead

I don't see either one and it's a Friday.  I'd love it if Couch showed up but I can only dream.  Jsharr is camping -- and it's way past his bedtime.  RE is getting pummeled by his wife. I'd be happy if -- well -- anybody else showed up.  I'm basically a loser and I need to establish contact.

Peach out.

I quit riding the alligator up to the fifth floor to visit my wife. Now I run the stairs. I need to get some kind of exercise. I never see anyone else in the stairway, I wonder how long someone would lay there if they fell or had a heart attack? That would be a weird way to go, so close to help but nobody knows you’re there.

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I quit riding the alligator up to the fifth floor to visit my wife. Now I run the stairs. I need to get some kind of exercise. I never see anyone else in the stairway, I wonder how long someone would lay there if they fell or had a heart attack? That would be a weird way to go, so close to help but nobody knows you’re there.

I have gotten sedentary the last 6 months and feel disgusted.  It's like a slow roast over a fire with the meat falling off the bones.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I have to carry and move all the firewood too.  I do get that exercise.  But I have a nice semi-recumbent stationary bike downstairs that I'm not on.  I'm just pathetic these days.

Is that an e-semi-recumbent stationary bike? I’ve heard people get just as much workout on them as the non-electric ones. Plus some of them have more places you can hang your clothes.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Is that an e-semi-recumbent stationary bike? I’ve heard people get just as much workout on them as the non-electric ones. Plus some of them have more places you can hang your clothes.

I want one of those machines where I just stand there and it jiggles off my fat.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

It's my normal shift.  I finish at 2:00 AM.

I'm supposed to move to a better shift in February.  

I'm watching a video about cults.

Mudkipz

So what's  your field?  I don't think I know or have even asked.  If you don't feel comfortable posting it here -- PM if you'd like.  It's safe.  I married.

13 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I want one of those machines where I just stand there and jiggles off my fat.

The first gym I became a member of bought out a place that went out of business. They had a whole room full of those machines that do all the work for you. They were all like brand new. Sometimes I would see fat ladies working the circuit going from one fat giggling machine to another hoping to lose weight. Sometimes it was hard not to giggle. The gym had all the equipment needed to get your heart rate up and really burn fat but that was too much work. They would rather let the machines do the work and hope for the best. I can only imagine their Facebook posts if Facebook had been invented back then. “Well I’m off to the gym again, I workout for an hour every day before I go to the buffet for lunch. I must have one of those bodies that can’t loose weight no matter what I do.”

That gym had a stair climber machine and every morning I would see the same guy on the stair climber when I got to the gym. I would hit the pool first and swim laps before I went to the gym for my workout. He would still be climbing. I worked my way around the gym doing my full body workout and when I was finished he was still climbing. I asked him about why he climbed so much and he said this is the only thing He had found that He could lose weight on. He said he had lost 100 pounds on it so far this year and another twenty and he would start to try other equipment and see if he could keep the weight off while building a stronger body.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

My alarm went off and I double checked that it is Saturday!  It is. right?  I haven't made that mistake in so long I can't remember if I ever did before  :D

ir was worth getting up for hearing about sheep herder falling asleep on the job. Darn occupational hazards! :D  Good you can keep your sense oh humour through all this LJ!

• Heart 3

Good Morning....my trainer would jiggle the fat off of you in no time @Dottie

"You want a tea party? I can give you a tea party...but you don't  want a party...you don't pay me for a party" :nodhead:

We are all gonna die..it is a fact..you want to die fat and sassy in your chair or you wanna wear out...

Just a couple of things to note..exercise will help you sleep better! And you will age better (1 year or 40 years) if you exercise. The residents at my work...the ones who keep active..mostly walking..but also doing some of our classes...age..better...fewer falls, and in general...pretty healthy.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

29 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

them into a small area with a heat lamb, came back and let the dogs out

That sounds like a great way to keep newborn lambs warm. Is it a robotic warming lamb or do you just have some lambs that naturally put off a lot of heat and you keep them in a room for warming the little ones?   :whistle:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

That sounds like a great way to keep newborn lambs warm. Is it a robotic warming lamb or do you just have some lambs that naturally put off a lot of heat and you keep them in a room for warming the little ones?   :whistle:

Sleep deprivation can lead to funny mistakes.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

3 hours ago when you started this thread it was Saturday here.  If you expect me to entertain you on Friday when I'm already in Saturday you have a long wait coming dots.  Go to bed.

I did go to bed.  But it is true I have seen you up at some weird hours.  In fact, you, sheep, longjohn, and couch can be relied upon the most for being accessible for late night posting. I made a mistake in my OP in that I did not include LJ.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Good Morning....my trainer would jiggle the fat off of you in no time @Dottie

"You want a tea party? I can give you a tea party...but you don't  want a party...you don't pay me for a party" :nodhead:

We are all gonna die..it is a fact..you want to die fat and sassy in your chair or you wanna wear out...

Just a couple of things to note..exercise will help you sleep better! And you will age better (1 year or 40 years) if you exercise. The residents at my work...the ones who keep active..mostly walking..but also doing some of our classes...age..better...fewer falls, and in general...pretty healthy.

Yeah, yeah.  I've been in a slump but that changes today.  I ride my indoor bike today and tomorrow -- momentum baby!

• Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I did.  But I have seen you up at some weird hours.  In fact, you, sheep, longjohn, and couch can be relied on the most for being accessible for late night posting. I made a mistake in my OP in that I did not include LJ.

PZ and I pop in once in a while too. I miss that show Insomniac with Dave Atell. :D

2 minutes ago, Dottie said:

True.  I have seen you at odd hours but then I know your line of work may be conducive to that.  Does that mean, Ralph, when I see you that you have insomnia?

Not really insomnia but I get up a few times most nights. I usually sleep like a rock in between those little breaks, thank goodness. 

• Awesome 1

It was 37 degrees here last night and I went to bed with indoor temps at 75 before I placed a big hunk of cherry and a cut of cedar on the fire last night.  This morning I awoke to indoor temps of 69.  That's pretty rad I was able to keep the house to a decent temperature only on firewood alone given that it was in the 30s last night, and that I didn't touch it (the fire) for about 6 hours.  I just woke up about an hour ago and refueled it. 

That's why I'm now chatting with you bastards now before going back to bed. It's why I do the work in the summer time.  I kept my house warm last night w/o spending a cent on heating costs. 

• Awesome 1