Are you a creature of habit?

Square Wheels

I have a three day weekend, I love sipping a huge pot of tea.  I can't do it during the week due to bladder issues.  Then I realized Sunday I am bring my daughter back to school at noon, so no tea at all.  Monday my wife wants to go to Boston (like I never go there) to do a few things, no tea. then today we were going to the movies, she suggested 3.  I proposed later so I could have my tea.  I am sad I can't have it the other days.  

• Heart 2
  • Sad 2

Yes, very much so.  It helps me set my day right.

I even go to work 45 minutes before anyone else arrives just so I can go through my routine uninterrupted 

On the weekends it normally starts with coffee and a soak in the hut tub.  That was severely delayed today due to the power being out for a couple hours.  Like you, when it doesnt happen on the weekends I feel like I lost

• Awesome 1

I’m on a weekly cycle. 

Tuesday. Take out trash

Wed Apply skin cream to my diseased ears

Fri Skip shaving

Saturday Go out for breakfast

Sunday Don’t brush my teeth after shower. I do it before leaving for church.  Laundry and call my parents Sunday evening. 

Monday. Start the whole thing again. 7 more years of the grind. 

• Haha 1

Oh hell yes!  I also get cranky when there are weekend obligations.  I am an introvert and really need my downtime. :D 

Also,because I cover nearly (*&(*&%$%$ 1000 miles per week on commuting (wit car pool thankfully), I REALLY don't want to drive anywhere longer than a few miles on the weekend.  Two days in a row of that really puts me over the edge.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I have a three day weekend, I love sipping a huge pot of tea.  I can't do it during the week due to bladder issues.  Then I realized Sunday I am bring my daughter back to school at noon, so no tea at all.  Monday my wife wants to go to Boston (like I never go there) to do a few things, no tea. then today we were going to the movies, she suggested 3.  I proposed later so I could have my tea.  I am sad I can't have it the other days.  

4FEFE830-9281-45E8-9D1A-A86954A8976E.png

• Haha 1

I always drink tea with milk for breakfast, even on days before I go to work.  I have the same breakfast or similar at home.... cornflakes with milks, dollop of yogurt and fruit.  It's the yogurt and fruit that changes. Tea might be different.  Of course, on a travel trip, quite different.

I actually shower in evenings about 3-4 hrs. before bed on weekdays. On weekends, if I cycled that day, usually after that or whenever I feel like.  It is a hot shower...like it is also on weekdays.  It relaxes me and does help foster sleepiness. ;) I used to shower before I went to work but when I started long cycle-commuting trips to work for some of my jobs, it made no sense to me.  So changed to evenings. 

I sometimes felt that adhering to a strict routine may have actually restricted my creative endeavors.  Luckily, being a research scientist, I had the freedom to adjust.  Only problem, some of the more rigid folks might construe these modifications as wasting time, but the proof of the effort was in the research and publication record resulting from ones efforts. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I like to drink a pot of coffee every morning. If I have an early appointment I only drink a half a pot and it’snot the same. If it’s an out and back appointment I drink the other half pot when I get back.

i also have a habit of getting up in the middle of the night and fixing the fire. I only do that in the winter.

Before I became caretaker for my wife I had a habit of going to the gym at 5am every morning. I had less of a coffee habit then.

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I like to drink a pot of coffee every morning. If I have an early appointment I only drink a half a pot and it’snot the same. If it’s an out and back appointment I drink the other half pot when I get back.

:nodhead:

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I had a habit of going to the gym at 5am every morning.

adore.gif.bbe9e0ad809304d96efa8008a2a179d3.gif

• Haha 1