If I win a Rolex

Square Wheels

The week before I retired my Forman got an email telling him to ask John what kind of watch he wanted. I asked him what my choices were and he said he didn’t know. I told him to tell her a Rolex. She emailed back, very funny, a wrist or a pocket watch? I got a gold Citizen watch that I now wear for everyday use. I was going to save it for special occasion like a piece of jewelry since I don’t need a watch to tell time anymore but when I tried that it quit working and had to be reset (a real pain in the arse on this watch).

• Heart 1

35 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

My favorite watch. I rarely wear it.  It's my four year sobriety watch.   

Seiko discontinued it a few years ago. It's value has trippled since then, so I don't wear it as often. It also needs a full service which I will do once I have the clean room at the new house. 

Mudkipz 

20200120_105954.jpg

Are all your sobriety watches Seikos?

40 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

What would you wear on the weekdays? Or is it the watch equivalent of a mullet?

I carry my phone on weekdays.  On Scout outings, we ask Scouts to do without phones, so I would rather leave mine in a pocket or backpack and just look at a watch.  My current weekend watch quit working you see and I have to resort to looking at my phone.

A cheap light up Timex works well for camping.

I was in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul in 1996 and they had copycat Rolexes and other expensive watches.  The Rolexes were something like $15 (that was something like 1,200,000 Turkish Lira) and they had the smoothly-sweeping second hand like real Rolexes, not the tic-tic-tic jerking movement of the knockoffs here In the USA.

I still have mine, though I prefer my Timex Ironman with step counter. timer, lap counter, etc. digital watch for virtually everything.

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I was in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul in 1996 and they had copycat Rolexes and other expensive watches.  The Rolexes were something like $15 (that was something like 1,200,000 Turkish Lira) and they had the smoothly-sweeping second hand like real Rolexes, not the tic-tic-tic jerking movement of the knockoffs here In the USA.

I still have mine, though I prefer my Timex Ironman with step counter. timer, lap counter, etc. digital watch for virtually everything.

...why are you whispering ?

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, jsharr said:

I carry my phone on weekdays.  On Scout outings, we ask Scouts to do without phones, so I would rather leave mine in a pocket or backpack and just look at a watch.  My current weekend watch quit working you see and I have to resort to looking at my phone.

A cheap light up Timex works well for camping.

Indiglo, baby!  :) 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

My favorite watch. I rarely wear it.  It's my four year sobriety watch.   

Seiko discontinued it a few years ago. It's value has trippled since then, so I don't wear it as often. It also needs a full service which I will do once I have the clean room at the new house. 

Mudkipz 

20200120_105954.jpg

Sell it!  Watch trends change.  Soon, we will be back to smaller, sleeker.