Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Square Wheels

If I win a Rolex

Recommended Posts



@Couch_Incident collects watches. 

  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me, but only if it is the dive one or the Deep Sea Challenger one like they strapped on the outside James Camerons sub when he dropped to the bottom of the Mariana's trench a couple summers ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

OK, so far on the list is:

@Couch_Incident

@Zephyr (not likely because he's being whiney and adding conditions, sheesh, it's a free Rolex)

I think AWWC would look super in a Rolex.

But knowing him, he would find something to dramatically complain about.

Mudkipz

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, a Submariner or sumsuch similar would be cool. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll trade you a photograph for it if you win

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have fancy watches, I think we should all nude arm-wrestle for it. 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to be on the list. Even for a quarter share. I’d be happy with 6-9 o’clock. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d vote @Couch_Incident as I know he would appreciate if.

I’ve worn the same Tag Heuer 20 years. I was supposed to get my father’s watch when he passed away, but it was “lost” in his hospital linens when he died.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they make a plastic one?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it can be a ladies watch...I would wear one..but if it is a mans..no thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Allen said:

I’ll trade you a photograph for it if you win

He gets enough dick pics from people that are banded from here already ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...at this point in life, giving me a watch would be like a curse.  I rarely want to know the time, and certainly don't want to be reminded of it  constantly.

  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...at this point in life, giving me a watch would be like a curse.  I rarely want to know the time, and certainly don't want to be reminded of it  constantly.

Good thinking but mine also will show me where I've been in case I forget.

  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The week before I retired my Forman got an email telling him to ask John what kind of watch he wanted. I asked him what my choices were and he said he didn’t know. I told him to tell her a Rolex. She emailed back, very funny, a wrist or a pocket watch? I got a gold Citizen watch that I now wear for everyday use. I was going to save it for special occasion like a piece of jewelry since I don’t need a watch to tell time anymore but when I tried that it quit working and had to be reset (a real pain in the arse on this watch).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was a smart watch, sure, as my Pebble is starting to look a little rough.  But having gotten used to a smart watch, I'd have trouble dealing with just a normal watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want a Timex Weekender with Indiglo 

Related image

Image result for timex weekender indiglo

Image result for timex weekender indiglo
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I would like to be on the list. Even for a quarter share. I’d be happy with 6-9 o’clock. 

Ha, that idea is interesting. Have the watch for 3 months then you have to meet up with the next person to do the handover.

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite watch. I rarely wear it.  It's my four year sobriety watch.   

Seiko discontinued it a few years ago. It's value has trippled since then, so I don't wear it as often. It also needs a full service which I will do once I have the clean room at the new house. 

Mudkipz 

20200120_105954.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

My favorite watch. I rarely wear it.  It's my four year sobriety watch.   

Seiko discontinued it a few years ago. It's value has trippled since then, so I don't wear it as often. It also needs a full service which I will do once I have the clean room at the new house. 

Mudkipz 

20200120_105954.jpg

Are all your sobriety watches Seikos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Square Wheels I understand how much you would like to make sure that I get your Rolex but I hate watches.  I really appreciate your effort and the sentiment but please make sure someone who would appreciate it gets to enjoy it.

Your BFF,

Kzoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jsharr said:

I want a Timex Weekender with Indiglo 

Related image

Image result for timex weekender indiglo

Image result for timex weekender indiglo
 

What would you wear on the weekdays? Or is it the watch equivalent of a mullet?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

What would you wear on the weekdays? Or is it the watch equivalent of a mullet?

I carry my phone on weekdays.  On Scout outings, we ask Scouts to do without phones, so I would rather leave mine in a pocket or backpack and just look at a watch.  My current weekend watch quit working you see and I have to resort to looking at my phone.

A cheap light up Timex works well for camping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul in 1996 and they had copycat Rolexes and other expensive watches.  The Rolexes were something like $15 (that was something like 1,200,000 Turkish Lira) and they had the smoothly-sweeping second hand like real Rolexes, not the tic-tic-tic jerking movement of the knockoffs here In the USA.

I still have mine, though I prefer my Timex Ironman with step counter. timer, lap counter, etc. digital watch for virtually everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

I was in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul in 1996 and they had copycat Rolexes and other expensive watches.  The Rolexes were something like $15 (that was something like 1,200,000 Turkish Lira) and they had the smoothly-sweeping second hand like real Rolexes, not the tic-tic-tic jerking movement of the knockoffs here In the USA.

I still have mine, though I prefer my Timex Ironman with step counter. timer, lap counter, etc. digital watch for virtually everything.

...why are you whispering ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kzoo said:

@Square Wheels I understand how much you would like to make sure that I get your Rolex but I hate watches.  I really appreciate your effort and the sentiment but please make sure someone who would appreciate it gets to enjoy it.

Your BFF,

Kzoo

No worries.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jsharr said:

I carry my phone on weekdays.  On Scout outings, we ask Scouts to do without phones, so I would rather leave mine in a pocket or backpack and just look at a watch.  My current weekend watch quit working you see and I have to resort to looking at my phone.

A cheap light up Timex works well for camping.

Indiglo, baby!  :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take a Rolex.  IT would be a good alternate boat anchor.  :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilbur said:

Indiglo, baby!  :) 

A man after my own heart.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

My favorite watch. I rarely wear it.  It's my four year sobriety watch.   

Seiko discontinued it a few years ago. It's value has trippled since then, so I don't wear it as often. It also needs a full service which I will do once I have the clean room at the new house. 

Mudkipz 

20200120_105954.jpg

Sell it!  Watch trends change.  Soon, we will be back to smaller, sleeker.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2Far said:

Are all your sobriety watches Seikos?

Yup. If I make it to next year, it will be a Tudor though. 

Mudkipz 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Couch_Incident said:

Yup. If I make it to next year, it will be a Tudor though. 

Mudkipz 

Are the other ones all Fourdors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilbur said:

Sell it!  Watch trends change.  Soon, we will be back to smaller, sleeker.  

I usually give them to a sponcee after they get a year.  

I'll keep this one though.   I plan on leaving four of my Seikos in my will for nephews and my niece.  

Mudkipz 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Are the other ones all Fourdors?

Is Tudor still Rolex light? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilbur said:

Is Tudor still Rolex light? 

As far as I know, yes. 

Mudkipz 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Mick i want a knock off. But $15 is too much $$$. I can't go more than $1.99 & free shipping

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jsharr said:

I want a Timex Weekender with Indiglo 

Tell me which one you get.  I will get the same one, and we can be watch buddies!  Yay!

Yes, I am super bored right now.  Yes, I will do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wear a Timex. It has Indiglo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...