The Carbanaro Effect

MickinMD

I'm watching this incredibly funny magic show, The Carbanaro Effect, on MyTV, which is channel 45-2 where 45-1 is the Fox station in Baltimore. It came on 10:30 pm EDT Sunday.  I've never seen it before but I'll watch it from now on!

The guy does things like show someone a paper fish. He then appears to drop it in a fish bowl with water and a live goldfish appears. He tells a customer they're from Indonesia and only cost 25 cents.  She says she's take ten.

In another case, he dips a wand into a bubble solution, blows a bubble, and it appears to turn into a glass Christmas ornament. He leaves two women to try to make their own - of course, they just blow bubbles because his glass ornament was obviously a slight of hand trick.

He tells an assistant he's going to install a fire hydrant, points to the flat sidewalk and says he needs guys to drill a hole down to the water line. He sets a hydrant down on the flat sidewalk and it's instantly hooked up to pipe coming from below. They can't pick the hydrant back up. The assistant is so shocked he calls on Jesus to straighten things out!

Right now, he's putting a dry sponge up to wipe the forehead of a guy working out in a gym, then holds the sponge over a container and squeezes out a quart of water. He tells the exerciser that it's not sweat, it's potential energy, and he can put it in a can - he puts it in what looks like a foam shaving cream can.  He asks the guy if he wants some energy and squirts what appears to be shaving cream in his hand. "Oh, I forgot to shake it!"  So he shakes it, and squirts out what looks like more shaving cream. He grabs the cream, shakes it, and it turns into a white terrycloth washcloth.

That's not half of what he's done, he's doing one trick after another a minute or so apart.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

This. But I have heard of the Coriolis Effect :)

I've heard that there are con-men in tourist traps on the equator where there's a line drawn on the ground marking it, who walk on the north side and show water circling a drain counter-clockwise then they walk south of the equator and it goes clockwise.  All a ruse - water doesn't always spin the same direction in either hemisphere.