Auto dish soap

Dirtyhip

We ran out.  I found a concocktion online.  Two drops of regular hand washing dish soap, baking soda, and salt.  You fill the rinse aid cup with vinegar.

Dishes got clean.  Didn't notice bad streaks on the dishes.  

Oh, and did you know that you can make hand washing style dish soap with one bar of soap and some borax? 

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Vinegar removes remaining detergent because it is slightly acidic.

Right.  Thanks.

I have been reading a lot about chemical compounds recently.  :unsure:  

Package free, and more soapmaking biz is taking me down a dark road.  Formulating is complicated. Oils can vary in their fats. Makes things complicated when you are trying to scratch a soap recipe. Also, oil fraud is another horrible complexity to this process.  Lye calculation must be spot on.

• Heart 1

Vinegar is good for lots of things.  At work, we had a group drip coffeepot where all we did was fill the water chamber, throw new coffee on top of the old in the filter until it was too full, then replace the filter.  This would go on for about a year until one biology teacher, Barry, would get disgusted and tell us the pot had to be cleaned. He did it by running vinegar through the system instead of water.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Barry should have been disgusted the very first time a new filter wasn't used.  That's disgusting.  98 cents for a 100 of them.  You do the math.

It has to be said again.  That's disgusting.

But over a lifetime think how much he saved. Maybe enough to pay the cost of a trip to the big Apple? Or at least a trip to Elkton, Md.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

But over a lifetime think how much he saved. Maybe enough to pay the cost of a trip to the big Apple? Or at least a trip to Elkton, Md.

Do t make fun of Elkton. No wait, I have been there. Carry on. 

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

You can.  I didn't this time.  

Add a good lemon or tangerine essential oil.  Helps clean. 

• Haha 1