Paris Hilton has a cooking show

late

If you are thinking to yourself, that is oxymoronic, you are right in multiple ways.

She babbles, she has a stove that costs several thousand bucks, and puts lasagne into a pot that hasn't been heated.

Ever go past a car crash, and you know you shouldn't stare, but you can't help yourself? Yeah, like that.

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Haha 1

Amazing.  It says a lot about how people want entertainment more than good advice.

There's a woman named Suze Orman who gives little more than common-sense financial advice and gets lots of things wrong, like saying the average person approaching retirement now needs to save $5,000,000 to live ok.

The Wall St. Journal, etc. say she doesn't know much.

She was a restaurant waitress who was swindled by Merrill Lynch, sued, and settled for being trained as a broker and hired by Merrill Lynch. She speaks well. A little learning plus speaking ability and she's being paid to be on PBS at least once a month saying things like, "Go for it when your heart says so."  She gets paid big bucks for this while hawking her financial organization books - and the PBS stations HAVE to know she's little more than entertainment!

Maybe it;s the scientist in me, but give me what helps me the best. Lidia Bastianich isn't a slim, young beauty, but she explains WHY she uses the techniques she does when cooking and, a longtime restaurant owner, clearly knows her craft.  When I had physical therapy the 2nd time around for my shoulder - after it was finally operated on - I didn't pick as my primary thearapist the pretty blonde who rubbed her big boobs against me whenever she worked on me, I picked the glasses-wearing, middle-aged mom who could lose a few pounds because I could feel the difference in my shoulder after she worked on me and she often added good advice for between therapies.

Sashaying into her kitchen holding a little dog dressed as a French maid, Paris greets us by saying: “As you all know – well, maybe not all of you know – people who do know know that I’m an amazing cook.” It’s a 21-word sentence and the first 17 are entirely redundant. All she needed to say was “I’m an amazing cook.”

And she is. So long as you remember that ‘amazing’ doesn’t mean ‘good’, or even ‘enthusiastic’. At the very first hurdle – preparing the lasagne sheets – Paris realises she’s been supplied with ones that need to be boiled, and she complains. She shows us all the ricotta she’ll be using, then tells us not to use as much as her. She realises that her mozzarella doesn’t come pre-grated, and sighs with such deep resignation you think she might be about to jack the whole thing in. “This is so brutal” she complains, before discarding an almost untouched block of cheese for fear that the grater will destroy her fingers.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

Sashaying into her kitchen holding a little dog dressed as a French maid, Paris greets us by saying: “As you all know – well, maybe not all of you know – people who do know know that I’m an amazing cook.” It’s a 21-word sentence and the first 17 are entirely redundant. All she needed to say was “I’m an amazing cook.”

And she is. So long as you remember that ‘amazing’ doesn’t mean ‘good’, or even ‘enthusiastic’. At the very first hurdle – preparing the lasagne sheets – Paris realises she’s been supplied with ones that need to be boiled, and she complains. She shows us all the ricotta she’ll be using, then tells us not to use as much as her. She realises that her mozzarella doesn’t come pre-grated, and sighs with such deep resignation you think she might be about to jack the whole thing in. “This is so brutal” she complains, before discarding an almost untouched block of cheese for fear that the grater will destroy her fingers.

You say all that like it's a bad thing ?

:D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

UPDATE!

Paris is still rich. Still famous. And still driving folks insane.

#WINNING!

The 90s called, they want to tell you it's not the 90s.

I feel sorry for her, when all is said and done.

38 minutes ago, late said:

The 90s called, they want to tell you it's not the 90s.

I feel sorry for her, when all is said and done.

Paris was 18 in 1999. Maybe I'm crazy, but I doubt she's in the market for anyone's sympathy.  Her life, unlike many people's lives, has been a pretty great one (so far). 

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Paris was 18 in 1999.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I doubt she's in the market for anyone's sympathy.  Her life, unlike many people's lives, has been a pretty great one (so far). 

Check wiki.

She doesn't have a fully formed personality.