I'm really tired of being sick.

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I rarely got sick before.  I am under a lot more stress and have gained weight.  Been vegan for years.  Still, rarely get sick.

I used to get sick all the time, but then again, I never ate healthy at all.  I stopped getting sick anywhere near as often when I really amped up the fruit and veggie intake, at least as far a colds, flu and the like.  I think it helps to wash the crap out of your hands, too.

I haven't had the flu in about 4 years, right when I stopped with the flu shots.  Just saying that means I am going to get the flu, though.

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I used to get sick all the time, but then again, I never ate healthy at all.  I stopped getting sick anywhere near as often when I really amped up the fruit and veggie intake, at least as far a colds, flu and the like.  I think it helps to wash the crap out of your hands, too.

I haven't had the flu in about 4 years, right when I stopped with the flu shots.  Just saying that means I am going to get the flu, though.

I think there is so much that contributes to getting sick.  A lot of it is luck, but "I personally believe" (said in my best Ms South Carolina voice) that the extreme predictor in someone getting sick, is their belief that they will.  I don't think of myself as a loser, failure, or someone who ever gets sick.

I was doing pretty well this winter. I was even healthy on New Year's Eve for the first time in 3 years! Now, I have had to work on computers in a daycare twice in the last 4 workdays. You know you are doomed when you are working in a daycare in the state with the highest influenza rate in the nation and toddlers are hacking and wheezing when they walk by. Oh! and there was a thermometer on the desk of the PC I was working on! 

1 minute ago, groupw said:

I was doing pretty well this winter. I was even healthy on New Year's Eve for the first time in 3 years! Now, I have had to work on computers in a daycare twice in the last 4 workdays. You know you are doomed when you are working in a daycare in the state with the highest influenza rate in the nation and toddlers are hacking and wheezing when they walk by. Oh! and there was a thermometer on the desk of the PC I was working on! 

You must know, you are doomed!

Why in the hell do we alow people to have kids?   Kids should be banned. 

Mudkipz 

56 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

The last few months have sucked. I'm sick again, on a three day weekend.   I slept 12 hours yesterday and ten hours today. 

My chest feels like ten packs of Lucky Strikes and a six foot bong hit.   

I can't wait until spring so I can get sick then too! 

Fuck. 

Mudkipz 

Hang in there.  Two years ago, I had chest congestion and sinus infections for all of December and January. In mid-January, my doctor said he was going to give me the "movie star treatment" and give me everything, strong antibiotics etc. he could give me at once to knock-out the infection.

He asked, "Are you a drinker?" and then also prescribed frequent "Hot Toddies" of hot tea, rum, and honey.

The bacteria were all wiped out two weeks later.

Good Luck.

1 hour ago, Couch_Incident said:

SW just hugged me. Brave man. 

Now you will get sick my healthy Vegan friend. 

Mudkipz 

1 hour ago, Couch_Incident said:

The last few months have sucked. I'm sick again, on a three day weekend.   I slept 12 hours yesterday and ten hours today. 

My chest feels like ten packs of Lucky Strikes and a six foot bong hit.   

I can't wait until spring so I can get sick then too! 

Fuck. 

Mudkipz 

Rochester has the 2nd most snow for cities this year. Almost 60 inches. 17 inches ahead of Buffalo. Have some civic pride.  You could be witnessing a record. 

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I think there is so much that contributes to getting sick.  A lot of it is luck, but "I personally believe" (said in my best Ms South Carolina voice) that the extreme predictor in someone getting sick, is their belief that they will. 

Plus, kids.  Kids bring home everything, touch everything, and don't wash well.  Luck is a monstrous component of everything in life, agreed on that.

I have gotten sick less since I am antisocial.  Most weekends without RO, I don't really do much.

22 hours ago, Randomguy said:

The flu should be a VERY rare event. I honestly can never remember having the flu, but I may have had it once in the past 30 years or so. Maybe as a kid I had it once? 

I've had lots of colds. The flu, though, seems like a rare event.  I also don't think of myself as particularly healthy vs normal germs.

Am I crazy? Misremembering?  Do folks here get a flu very often?

• 2 years later...